Deadpool

well, that didn't take long...
THR wrote:'Deadpool' spinoff in works at Fox
Ryan Reynolds to reprise role in "Wolverine" spinoff

Fresh off the muscular performance of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" at the boxoffice, Fox has thrown into development a spinoff featuring Deadpool, the wise-cracking mercenary played in the film by Ryan Reynolds.

Reynolds is attached to reprise the character for what for now is simply being called "Deadpool." Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel Studios would act as producers.

Deadpool is known as "the merc with a mouth," a character that under Reynolds lived up to his billing in "Wolverine" until the end, when the movie deviated from the comic book persona, imbuing him with several superpowers and sewing his mouth shut.

It is understood that Reynolds would regain the ability to mouth off, with the movie going back to the roots of the character known for his slapstick tone and propensity to break the fourth wall. The character also was disfigured in "Wolverine," though it's unclear at this time how much the studio would want to mess with Reynolds' handsome mug.

The project is out to writers.

Fox considered a "Deadpool" spinoff early in "Wolverine's" development process, which is why it cast Reynolds. The actor was brought back in the month before the movie's release to shoot one of two "Easter egg" scenes that appeared after the end credits. The scene showed Deadpool alive, though when last audiences saw him, he appeared to be dead.

UTA-repped Reynolds next stars opposite Sandra Bullock in Disney's romantic comedy "The Proposal."

Re: Deapool

As Mike pointed out, they're getting awfully excited over one weekend's box office. Between word of mouth and Star Trek opening this weekend, I'm thinking their Fox's Marvel fever might cool off by next Monday.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

CinemaBlend wrote:Deadpool Movie Will Happen With Ryan Reynolds After All

The planned movie about the X-Men character Deadpool has been in a sort of limbo lately, having been greenlit immediately after X-Men Origins: Wolverine but sidelined by the news that the movie's star Ryan Reynolds had also signed on to play the Green Lantern for another studio. Would the Deadpool movie ever happen? Would Reynolds drop out? There's been no news on it all summer, to the point that half of Wolverine's audience probably forgot the movie was even going to happen.

But Deadpool's creator, comic artist Rob Liefeld, has good news for the world on his Twitter feed. The Deadpool movie lives! Ryan Reynolds is still on board! The fans are going to be happy with the character this time! It's ebullient news 140 characters at the time, coming from a reliable source who, it must be said, still has a vested interest in keeping the fans on board with this movie. Check out the full series of tweets over there, in which Liefeld promises the movie will include "breaking the fourth wall! Loads of killing!" Sounds like everything the Wolverine movie didn't have, and what might make this worth watching if it ever gets off the ground.

I rarely get an opportunity to say this anymore, it seems, but capital fuckity-fuck Rob Liefeld, his entire body of 'work', and his fucking levi's commercial.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

Re: Deadpool

Figured you'd be putting up the new red band trailer.

[youtube][/youtube]
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

darkness wrote:My dislike of Ryan Reynolds will probably keep me from seeing this one.
:respekt:
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

goddammit, i couldn't resist. i went and read this: http://www.empireonline.com/features/de ... eakdown/p1

so great.
“DON’T GIVE ME A GREEN SUIT”

"That got a good laugh at Comic-Con. For the most part, we try to stick to the rule that Wade Wilson can’t break the fourth wall. He’s not aware that he’s in a movie. Deadpool is. He only breaks the fourth wall when he’s Deadpool. So we’re tiptoeing on the edge of breaking our own rule there, because he’s still Wade at that point. We shot a few more Green Lantern jokes, but I’m not sure how many will survive the cut. Ryan definitely had some Green Lantern issues to work out. We had about a minute’s worth of dialogue between him and Colossus where he talks about it, like, 'So a guy comes with a thousand-dollar suit and says, "We want you to play a superhero," but there’s no script yet and the release date is completely unmakeable…' He goes on this whole anti-Green Lantern run, but I’m not sure it’ll stay in, because probably not even half the people in the theatres will get those jokes. You can’t only play to the comic fans. He’s spouting weird shit all the time, and if you don’t pick up on every joke, that’s fine. But you can’t leave everybody behind all the time. Any joke that an audience needs to look up on the internet after the movie is not something I’m in favour of. But that scene’s one for the DVD extras, for sure."
this alone coupled with TJ Miller? this movie will rule.

Saw this today. Damn good movie. In case there was any doubt, do NOT take early teen or younger kids to see it.

Morena Baccarin was smoking hot.
Are you propositioning me? I taste like candy and you want the recipe?

Saw this today as well. Pretty good movie and about what I expected. Though it seemed a bit tame to me after all the talk up it had gotten about the R rating. I suppose it was a bit raunchy compared to the usual Marvel fare, but I forget how easily shocked the mainstream masses are.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:Saw this today as well. Pretty good movie and about what I expected. Though it seemed a bit tame to me after all the talk up it had gotten about the R rating. I suppose it was a bit raunchy compared to the usual Marvel fare, but I forget how easily shocked the mainstream masses are.
i think they're easily "shocked" in the same way it seems like everyone is easily "offended" or "outraged". that's how the media portrays it, and twitter exists, so it seems that way i guess. i just can't imagine it's actually the case.

Yes, Deadpool is a lot of fun. And my 13 year old loved it.

Marvel wrote:FXX Orders Adult Animated Comedy The Untitled Marvel's Deadpool Series from Marvel Television and FXP
FXX orders ten episodes of the first season which is scheduled to debut in 2018

FXX has placed a series order with Marvel Television and FX Productions for the untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series, an animated adult action-comedy TV series adaptation of the hit Marvel character Deadpool, it was announced jointly today by Eric Schrier and Nick Grad, Presidents of Original Programming, FX Networks and FX Productions, and Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television.

Atlanta creator and Golden Globe® Award Winner Donald Glover and Stephen Glover will serve as Showrunners, Executive Producers and Writers of the series. Marvel’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory are Executive Producers. The untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series is produced by Marvel Television in association with FX Productions and ABC Signature Studios for FXX, which has ordered ten episodes for season one.

“Donald Glover is an incredibly gifted and versatile artist who’ll bring the untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series to life with the same intense, singular vision as his breakout hit Atlanta,” said Nick Grad. “With the success of Legion, we’re looking forward to again partnering with Marvel Television to create a series that is bold, striking and entirely original.”

Jeph Loeb added, “How much more fun could this be? Deadpool, Donald and FX – the perfect fit for the Merc with the Mouth! We’re thrilled that our relationship with FX that started with Legion continues with what is sure to be a groundbreaking show in adult animation.”

Since his debut in 1991, Deadpool has grown to become one of Marvel’s most popular characters thanks to his unique blend of humor and over-the-top action. With a rabid following of fans from across the globe, he currently stars in a variety of best-selling titles from Marvel Comics.

Donald Glover is the creator, executive producer, writer and star of Atlanta, which was the most critically acclaimed comedy series of 2016, basic cable’s most-watched new comedy in three years and the highest-rated comedy in FX Networks’ history. Glover himself won the Golden Globe and Critics’ Choice Awards and the show took home the awards for: Golden Globe, AFI, Peabody, and WGA and received DGA and NAACP nominations. Season two of Atlanta is tentatively scheduled to debut in early 2018 on FX.

Upcoming for Glover includes Jon Watts’ Spider-Man: Homecoming, Han Solo and Jon Favreau’s The Lion King. Glover is known for his success under the stage name “Childish Gambino.” He released his first album, Camp, in 2011. His second album, Because the Internet, was nominated for two Grammy Awards and generated the hit song “3005.” His most recent album, Awaken, My Love!, was released in December 2016, debuted #1 on the R&B Albums Chart and is his highest-charting album.

Stephen Glover is a staff writer on FX’s award-winning series Atlanta, writing four episodes of the series ten-episode first season. In addition to script writing, he also wrote music and lyrics for the show with Donald Glover. Along with writing for television, he also has experience writing for stand-up comedians. Glover also works in music as an accomplished songwriter and performer.