it was 40 years ago today....

...sgt pepper told his band to play one last time.

the beatles played together 40 years ago today for the last time. of course, none of them knew it would be the last time, but it was. on the roof of a building in their homeland.

i'm not really a fan of the beatles but i respect that they changed the face of music and were extremely talented. well, most of them. ;)

Re: it was 40 years ago today....

they have a few decent albums IMO. I really think John Lennon's solo stuff is better than anything he did in the Beatles anyway.

but while I'm on the beatles, How the hell did these guys do as much drugs as they did, and not have it ruin their lives? John was murdered, so drugs really had nothing to do with that, George died of lung cancer, Ringo still does whatever it is that he does nowadays, and Paul is still making (terrible) music to this day. they have got to be the only group of people that didn't have their careers wrecked by the copious amounts of drugs they did. WTF?

Re: it was 40 years ago today....

darkness wrote:Most of their drugs were pot and LSD. Heroin and coke are usually what kills careers/people.
I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can
'Cause it makes me feel like I'm a man
When I put a spike into my vein
And I'll tell ya, things aren't quite the same

If you wanna hang out youve got to take her out; cocaine.
If you wanna get down, down on the ground; cocaine.
She dont lie, she dont lie, she dont lie; cocaine.