RIP Mitch Mitchell....

BWBK wrote:JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE Drummer Mitch Mitchell Found Dead In Oregon Hotel Room

The Canadian Press reports that according to authorities, Mitch Mitchell, drummer for the legendary JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE of the 1960s, was found dead in his Portland hotel room.

Erin Patrick, a deputy medical examiner in Multnomah County, said Mitchell was found dead a little after 3 AM Wednesday in his room at the Benson Hotel in downtown Portland.

She said Mitchell apparently died of natural causes. He was 62. An autopsy is planned.

Mitchell was touring with the Experience Hendrix Tour, which performed Friday at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall in Portland. It was the last stop on the West Coast portion of the tour.

Hendrix died in 1970. Noel Redding, bassist for the trio, died in 2003.
that's the last of them.... :speed: :speed: :speed:

Re: RIP Mitch Mitchell....

He was always closest to Moon in my book, just a great freewheeling style. Hendrix was fortunate to have been teamed up with him (and Redding) by the record company, they were a truly great band.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."