Re: New NIN album--for free

Trent should probably go back to an album every five years...or even better yet, stop. His melodies and dynamics at this point...predictable is almost too charitable a word to describe them. I doubt they were ever that good in retrospect; he just new how to produce the living shit out of them for 3 years after he was done writing the songs. Sounding more and more like some NIN wannabe that formed in 2005.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Trent should probably go back to an album every five years...or even better yet, stop. His melodies and dynamics at this point...predictable is almost too charitable a word to describe them. I doubt they were ever that good in retrospect; he just new how to produce the living shit out of them for 3 years after he was done writing the songs. Sounding more and more like some NIN wannabe that formed in 2005.
I can't disagree too much. I've only listened to it twice and the second one was a slog. Too much other fun music to listen to these days than to wait around hoping Reznor gets his shit together.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:
Alexhead wrote:Trent should probably go back to an album every five years...or even better yet, stop. His melodies and dynamics at this point...predictable is almost too charitable a word to describe them. I doubt they were ever that good in retrospect; he just new how to produce the living shit out of them for 3 years after he was done writing the songs. Sounding more and more like some NIN wannabe that formed in 2005.
I can't disagree too much. I've only listened to it twice and the second one was a slog. Too much other fun music to listen to these days than to wait around hoping Reznor gets his shit together.
That's more of a chance than I gave Year Zero...and yes, there's a plethora out there (if only I had the spare bones to buy some of it these days!)
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."