Underworld Soundtrack

Modern Rock Mainstays Descend Into 'Underworld'
1 hour, 35 minutes ago Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Todd Martens

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Former Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland (news) will resurface on the soundtrack to Sony's upcoming vampire flick "Underworld."

Borland appears in a supergroup dubbed the Damning Well, which also features A Perfect Circle (news)'s Josh Freese, Filter's Richard Patrick and Nine Inch Nails contributor Danny "Renhold" Lohner. The foursome has one cut on the album, due Sept. 19 from Lakeshore Records.

The Damning Well's "Awakening," which opens the soundtrack, is Borland's first major project since leaving Limp Bizkit. His own group, Eat The Day, has yet been unable to get off the ground. Borland also helped out on a remix of A Perfect Circle's "Weak and Powerless," which he worked on with soundtrack organizer Lohner. The latter has previously worked on the soundtracks to "Lost Highway" and "Natural Born Killers."

Writing on his official Web site (http://www.eattheday.com/), Borland described the remix as a "revisioning." "Danny and I stripped all the music away and wrote brand new parts to accompany voice."

Also unique to the soundtrack is a new project from Tool/A Perfect Circle vocalist Keenan dubbed Puscifer. Keenan recorded the song "REV 20:20" with Lohner and also teamed with the Red Hot Chili Peppers' John Frusciante (news) for a remix of David Bowie (news)'s "Bring Me the Disco King." The latter will appear in its original form on Bowie's upcoming ISO/Columbia album, "Reality."

Former Helmet leader Page Hamilton also resurfaces on the soundtrack, contributing the song "Throwing Punches," while Skinny Puppy donates the previously unreleased "Omptimissed." Other artists who appear include the Dillinger Escape Plan, Finch, Milla, the Icarus Line, Lisa Germano (news), Concrete Blonde vocalist Johnette Napolitano and K's Choice singer Sarah Bettens.

"Underworld" will be released Sept. 19 in U.S. theaters and stars Kate Beckinsale (news) as a vampire warrior locked in a decades-long battle with a clan of werewolves. It's the directorial debut from Len Wiseman.

Reuters/Billboard

hey um im going crazy here, im trying to find out the name of the song that is played on the preview for the Underworld movie, i know it is the same song that is in the movie the Jackal, at the part in the house where bruce willis killed the agents, i dont know what it is called tho, i really want to know, please someone if u can help me, either email me at sckocky@cs.com or IM me at lil puppy dog666 because i really wanna know whats the name of the song being played during the preview for Underworld

SONG

Well buddy, i wanted to know that too, and dont know if you know it already or not........
i joined jsut to tell you this
the song is called "Red Tape", its by "Agent Provocateur"

ENJOY

How's the Page Hamilton tune?
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."