Harry Potter

Is anyone in here reading Harry Potter?

Probably not. I can't even beleive I am reading them. Oddly enough I really like the books.

I am reading the new 5tf book in the series. My favorite of all of them is the 3rd one so far. I will see how this one turns out.
What Is Real!? Coming 2005

Re: Harry Potter

graphic wrote:Is anyone in here reading Harry Potter?

Probably not. I can't even beleive I am reading them. Oddly enough I really like the books.

I am reading the new 5tf book in the series. My favorite of all of them is the 3rd one so far. I will see how this one turns out.
Yes, I (and my family) read the Harry Potter series. I haven't liked the 4th and 5th books as much as the first three though. What drew me to the books was the simplicity of them, and the underlying theme of good vs. evil. In the 4th and especially the 5th, it's no longer clear who the "bad guys" really are. I think that Rowling is trying to either imitate life that way, or is actively trying to throw off the original "childrens book" genere that she was placed in. Either way, I feel it's detracting from the storyline of the books. There are lots of other places to get "serious fantasy" storylines.

I haven't had a problem with that. I don't know how far into the 5ft one you are. I am on chapter 6 or 7.

I am not having any problems telling that Voldemort is the bad guy.

I am not sure what is going to happen with he Ministry of Magic.

Snape is kind of confusing. He is the only character that is straddling that line that I can tell.

Sadly, i have read all of them. Almost finished the fith one. It's quite intertesting so far. but I'm not sure how she plans on topping this one in the 6th and 7th. She might have over done herself this time.
Trouble just won't seem to go away!

They are all good in their own way.

I can't say this is the best as I am not even half way though it yet, but it is very good so far. :)
It does have potential :mrgreen:

My current favorite so far in the 3rd one.

I've read them all in the same way that I've read any new book coming into this house because I've finished all the books already here. :P

As 'fairy tale' as the books are, it is interesting to see how the depression the author went through shows in her writing.

Nothing revolutionary in the new one..and frankly I think the author would be happier and the books would be better if they weren't such a wide reaching success. I don't think I could even write my name on the top of a piece of paper with the knowledge that millions of people worldwide were waiting to pore over the finished product.

Oh, and you won't get any love of the films from me. :killer:

What makes you think she doesn’t like the success of the book? I image she is quite pleased with her work and loves the fact that she has become very successful and that everyone likes her work just like any artist.

I also don't get that she is depressed at all.

AlbinoBlackSheep wrote:Wang - Harry Potter by JonJon

<JonJonB> Purely in the interests of science, I have replaced the word "wand" with "wang" in the first Harry Potter Book
<JonJonB> Let's see the results...

<JonJonB> "Why aren't you supposed to do magic?" asked Harry.
<JonJonB> "Oh, well -- I was at Hogwarts meself but I -- er -- got expelled, ter tell yeh the truth. In me third year. They snapped me wang in half an' everything

<JonJonB> A magic wang... this was what Harry had been really looking forward to.

<JonJonB> "Yes, yes. I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Harry Potter." It wasn't a question. "You have your mother's eyes. It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first wang. Ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow. Nice wang for charm work."
<JonJonB> "Your father, on the other hand, favored a mahogany wang. Eleven inches. "

<JonJonB> Harry took the wang. He felt a sudden warmth in his fingers. He raised the wang above his head, brought it swishing down through the dusty air and a stream of red and gold sparks shot from the end like a firework, throwing dancing spots of light on to the walls

<JonJonB> "Oh, move over," Hermione snarled. She grabbed Harry's wang, tapped the lock, and whispered, 'Alohomora!"

<JonJonB> The troll couldn't feel Harry hanging there, but even a troll will notice if you stick a long bit of wood up its nose, and Harry's wang had still been in his hand when he'd jumped - it had gone straight up one of the troll's nostrils.

<JonJonB> He bent down and pulled his wang out of the troll's nose. It was covered in what looked like lumpy gray glue.

<JonJonB> He ran onto the field as you fell, waved his wang, and you sort of slowed down before you hit the ground. Then he whirled his wang at the dementors. Shot silver stuff at them.

<JonJonB> Ok
<JonJonB> I have found, definitive proof
<JonJonB> that J.K Rowling is a dirty DIRTY woman, making a fool of us all
<JonJonB> "Yes," Harry said, gripping his wang very tightly, and moving into the middle of the deserted classroom. He tried to keep his mind on flying, but something else kept intruding.... Any second now, he might hear his mother again... but he shouldn't think that, or he would hear her again, and he didn't want to... or did he?
<melusine> O_______O
<JonJonB> Something silver-white, something enormous, erupted from the end of his wang

<JonJonB> Then, with a sigh, he raised his wang and prodded the silvery substance with its tip.

<JonJonB> 'Get - off - me!' Harry gasped. For a few seconds they struggled, Harry pulling at his uncles sausage-like fingers with his left hand, his right maintaining a firm grip on his raised wang.
:lol: