gonna have to be more specific - AMD makes 64-bit processors too, P IV has HT/EE editions... hard to compare unless we know what you're looking at.

forget about celeron, you'd be better off with a hampster & wheel.

Not too sure on the other two, but your last note is the one I was looking for...I hear bad things about the old Celeron myself.

We're looking at a variety of machines on sale for the holidays, one is about $400 after a whopping $425 of rebates, but I believe it does include the mighty Celeron processor. I may check back with more details on the other models we're checking; as always, I appreciate the technical input.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

I'm an AMD fan myself. Intel usually makes comparable stuff for twice the price.

For a budget box, AMD is surely your best bet. A Celeron is manageable if you're not gaming and just into Internet access and such; but still, Intel is the evil empire in my eyes, always and forever. I'd take an Athlon/Sempron over a Celeron any day.
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.