Nip/Tuck mega-thread

TV Guide wrote:X SYMBOL GETS NIP/TUCK: Nip/Tuck has tapped X-Men babe Famke Janssen to play the life coach of Joely Richardson's basket-case character, Julia. Janssen will appear in at least 12 episodes of the FX drama, which kicks off its second season in June.
damn this is good news. i was getting worried that it wasn't picked up. if you missed it, there's a re-airing of the whole season 1 starting at 10pm EST Wednesday on FX.

i suggest you watch it. it's a great fucking show.
Last edited by TC on 17/06/10, 06:14:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed topic of merged threads. this one was Nip/Tuck season 2 in June - with Famke

Finally. I knew that it was coming back late, because it wasn't originally renewed. They didn't pick it up until the last episode or two had aired.

Yeah, it's a great show, but it still sits behind Angel in my book.

Alec Baldwin, Joan Rivers guest on tonight's Nip/Tuck finale

yeah, found out about this from "my contact" a few weeks ago. i'm sure you all remember the wonderful Nip/Tuck banner i ran for the season premier a couple of months ago. that actually went pretty well, and i did it because i'm a fan of the show, not because we were getting anything from it. then came the next request - advertise for their 'rescue me' show. i told my contact i would as long as i got an advance of the show. which i did - i got the first three episodes in the mail, and i think i ran the ad for a week. but this did not go so smoothly - first, the promised reciprocal link never appeared on the 'rescue me' site, and after some back & forth i took the banner down. secondly, the advance shows were VHS, which i don't have hooked up to my TV. so this essentially did me nothing. (pity, because i hear it's actually a really good show...) so this soured me on the whole deal a bit. when my contact emailed me asking me to run another banner for the season finale of 'Nip/Tuck' i believe i said "meh" to myself. don't get me wrong, it's a phenomenal show, but i'm not so much into the marketing...

but the amusing thing was that i also got sent two documents along with the banner - one for Alec Baldwin and one for Joan Rivers. they were neat little blurbs about them & about the show. pretty amusing stuff, thought i'd share a bit in honor of the season finale tonight on your local FX station. do not miss it!!

(and yes, i realize this is pseudo-marketing, but you know... i do love the show... ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Indeed, caught an episode the other week, the one where Famke Janssen was fucking around with the girl in the dream sequence. Absolutely incredible show - and I really love that network television carries that stuff in the true north strong and free :)
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

I've been pretty impressed with the whole show. Last night's episode caught me way off guard. I didn't see that coming at all. I can't believe that the season is over already though. It's going to be a long wait.

And, Rescue Me is a pretty good show too.

hm, well - lots of set-up, not much action really. with the exception of the last few minutes of lesbian threesome-ness....

i'm not really feeling it yet though like i was last couple of seasons. next week better kick ass.

Speaking of which, we do have a great deal of new "genre" (the classy term for sci-fi/horror) t.v. on these days, I'd be curious to hear some opinions. Me, I'm pleasantly surprised by "Supernatural." While it's not particularly original at this stage of the game, it takes itself seriously and is fairly well-written and shot. LOST is on tonight, that's the premier I'm looking forward to (one of my wife's friends lives in Hawaii and got her an autograph from that guy who was in LOTR-kinda cool). Might watch Invasion as well.

Oh, and Smallville gets a nice dose of Angel/Buffy cast with James Marsters coming over this season to play Brainiac.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

can't fucking wait for the smallville premier next week. great season-ending cliffhanger.

yeah, i kinda dug supernatural. we'll see where that goes.

when i lost TV, i lost 'Lost', but i liked the first several. i might rent the DVDs.

and "My Name Is Earl" kicked ass! <3 jason lee.

Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Arrested Development, Veronica Mars, and Rome for me this season*. I don't think I'll ever get into Nip/Tuck.

Lost started with an awesome premiere that almost made me forgive the second half of the first season. Battlestar Galactica has everything I love in a sci-fi show, interesting characters that you actually fear for, ongoing storyline, great special effects, pseudo realistic science, fantastic writing. Arrested Development started its third season with the same quality it ended its second one, and Veronica Mars is needed to fill my Buffyverse void. The show is extremely clever and the first season had perhaps the best ongoing storyline since a Whedon show. Not totally sold on Rome yet, but I'll continue to give it a chance. The production values are incredible, and the acting is good.

*also The O.C. and Gilmore Girls but I didn't say that out loud
"Good taste is the death of art."
-Truman Capote

What didn't you like about the second half of Lost last year? I thought the first half was kind of a slog, it got better as things went on.

FYI, David Fury (now on 24) "cheerfully" claims all the writers are making it up as they go along in the new Rolling Stone, although his example story (says that Hurley's numbers were made up for that episode and they shot references scenes to his winning the lottery and inserted them into old episodes right before they aired) sounds like utter b.s. and I suspect he's just dishing a little misinformation for his old pals.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:What didn't you like about the second half of Lost last year? I thought the first half was kind of a slog, it got better as things went on.
I don't know, I liked the pacing up until Charlie didn't die (I won't forgive them that, cheapest cop-out ever) and they started airing second flashbacks for each characters. I liked most of them, but it just started to become repetitive, without advancing the story on the island. Some plot threads were just left alone for mutltiple episodes, some for half of the season.
Alexhead wrote:FYI, David Fury (now on 24) "cheerfully" claims all the writers are making it up as they go along in the new Rolling Stone, although his example story (says that Hurley's numbers were made up for that episode and they shot references scenes to his winning the lottery and inserted them into old episodes right before they aired) sounds like utter b.s. and I suspect he's just dishing a little misinformation for his old pals.
While I think they know what they are doing and what is behind the island to a certain extend, they are a little less strict with planning ahead on the character arcs and flashbacks, which aren't that essential to the secret. I reall hope the guy taking up Fury's great work on Locke is able to pull it off.
"Good taste is the death of art."
-Truman Capote

Crap!! thanks. I might have forgotten it. Damn holiday throws off the rest of the week.
Are you propositioning me? I taste like candy and you want the recipe?

great episode. could do with a little less of christian's ass, though. guess matt never came in from the garage, heh.

TC wrote:great episode. could do with a little less of christian's ass, though. guess matt never came in from the garage, heh.
That was a little strange, the bit about Matt.

Christian strikes me as the kind of guy who tans in a salon. Wouldn't his ass be tan too?

I thought the mom's face (from the mom/daughter/christian threesome) was hideous. Big fat puffy lips, strangely placed wrinkles, etc. I wonder if that was on purpose?
Are you propositioning me? I taste like candy and you want the recipe?

I remember when Nip/Tuck first came out and I saw the original ads for it on TV, I thought it was yet another reality show. Heh.

That "Strict Machine" promo is getting reeeeeallllyyy old.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.