Draft

Congratulations to Total Carnage and his goalie pickup :lol:
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Hmm, please tell me about my team (Hattori Hanzo Steel ). 8O

I know not more than 4 players.

8)
"Good taste is the death of art."
-Truman Capote

dhn wrote:Hmm, please tell me about my team (Hattori Hanzo Steel ). 8O

I know not more than 4 players.

8)
wow, your team kicks ass. i'd like to have a few of those guys for myself. you are especially strong in goal with two top-tier starters (possibly three, depending upon what happens to storr), but if anything i'd say center is a weakness, only because both of your centers are on the same team. but mike comrie is a good player too, and he's C.

overall, i'd say you're pretty damn set. hatcher & gonchar on D, hejduk & super mel™ on RW...

nice.

Did you notice a bit of team favoritism with the selections? I don't know what you originally picked as your preferences, but I noticed that you've got some good Blues players, I scored some of my Avs...coincidence or pattern? I wonder if the computer saw who the #1 preferences were and picked from that player's particular team with choices in the later rounds as well...maybe I'm grasping here, but I thought I saw a pattern.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

HAHAHAHAHA nice golies TC...AHAHAHAHAH

I shouldn't talk tho, I ended up with Ed Belfour....I hate the Leafs so much...

I scored pretty well otherwise.. Sergei Federov, Brendan Morrison, Radek Bonk, Brian Leetch..Overall I think I'll destroy you guys and make you cry like the little girls you are :D

Now if I could just do something with Belfour...
- James 'theFinn' Atkinson
http://www.thefinn.net

Alexhead wrote:Did you notice a bit of team favoritism with the selections? I don't know what you originally picked as your preferences, but I noticed that you've got some good Blues players, I scored some of my Avs...coincidence or pattern?
if you're talking to me, i had the first 30 or so guys pre-ranked using my own rankings. i only got some of the rest of those guys after the others on my list were chosen by you turds. ;) :P

TC wrote:
Alexhead wrote:Did you notice a bit of team favoritism with the selections? I don't know what you originally picked as your preferences, but I noticed that you've got some good Blues players, I scored some of my Avs...coincidence or pattern?
if you're talking to me, i had the first 30 or so guys pre-ranked using my own rankings. i only got some of the rest of those guys after the others on my list were chosen by you turds. ;) :P
I had some pre-rankings done too (I was getting Forsberg hell or high water ;) ), but I ended up with Sakic and Blake and shit, even Drury, and I hadn't really organized my choices to be an all-Avs team or anything. Just weird, I guess.

And yeah, Finn, Belfour sucks.

Well, a few things. If I were in charge of "The Dick of Death," I'd be royally pissed off that Yahoo assigned me RETIRED defenceman Robert Svehla. Or The Dumb Pucks' Bryan McCabe, who's out a couple of months for surgery. Or Total Carnage's Michael Nylander, who's out with a broken leg.

But the most royally screwed team of them all looks to be those Mighty Monkeys. With Curtis Joseph in net and team Ferrari superstar Dany Heatley playing the wing, his fourth- and fifth-round picks are both useless for, well, pretty much the entire season.

I think I've got a good, solid team throughout. Just hoping the Blue Jackets don't implode mid-season, or I'll need to do plenty to keep up.
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

Ya 'ol 'Dick of Death' shouldn't do TOO badly. Modano, Sundin, Naslund, Hull, Salo...all should do pretty well this season. Ditch Svehla and pick up someone else on a wavier and he should be ok :D

The Monkies have Giguere to make up for Cujo who I doubt will see much ice time this season. 8 mill for sitting on the bench must be nice tho... Giguere is going to be working his ass off this season to prove that last years playoffs weren't just a fluke. Other then that tho I think the Mokies are boned ;)

I suppose I shouldn't tell my wife all this, since the Monkeys are her team... :oops:

Your wife? Cool! Well, I proposed her a trade. :) I've got a pair of solid players on RW, so I'd be glad to have Heatley sit on my bench, at least until I inevitably find out he isn't coming back this season. I figured she wouldn't mind unloading an active player for a solid RW, either. :)

I'm definitely enjoying this whole process, though. I've got a pair of big trades pending, two waiver transactions going through tomorrow night, and looking at stats and rankings, at first glance I've got the worst team in this league. 8) However, there is a method to my madness, and unlike TC it has nothing to do with team loyalties - it really hurt me inside to go through with one of my waiver moves, but I figure I can reverse it if (and when) the time is right. Not to mention, all the Senators on my roster are just eating away at my insides.

No matter how few Leafs I have on my roster, though, we all know where my true loyalties lie. GO LEAFS GO!!! :D
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

:P

Dominik Hasek? Well, I guess that's better then Roman Turek..

I'm proud to announce that I've traded away Ed Belfour for Dan Cloutier from the Barrie Kanucks. Also involved in the trade where Jamie Langenbrunner and Mark Parrish. :D

As with Kanuck I'm quite enjoying myself, I've never participate in a hockey pool before but this year I'm in this one and one at work :D

theFinn wrote:I'm proud to announce that I've traded away Ed Belfour for Dan Cloutier from the Barrie Kanucks. Also involved in the trade where Jamie Langenbrunner and Mark Parrish. :D
that sounds a wee bit lopsided :P

commish, don't we get to approve the trades as a league?

I love Dan, that's the only reason I made that trade :D

I have a feeling he's going to have a really outstanding season, whereas the Leafs sucks :D

If you don't like a trade there's an option to protest to the commissioner :P

TC wrote:
theFinn wrote:I'm proud to announce that I've traded away Ed Belfour for Dan Cloutier from the Barrie Kanucks. Also involved in the trade where Jamie Langenbrunner and Mark Parrish. :D
that sounds a wee bit lopsided :P

commish, don't we get to approve the trades as a league?
Hell, I just went through the motions and got the thing started, I don't know fuck-all about the rules until a situation comes up! With great power comes great responsibility...unfortunately for all of you, I'm highly irresponsible :mrgreen:

I've been getting a fair amount of error pages on my end when logging in, but Finn/Kanuck, I did approve your trade, let me know if it didn't work.

theFinn wrote:Dominik Hasek? Well, I guess that's better then Roman Turek..
hell yeah it is, no matter how much flopping around he does. and, i'm counting on aubeischer to have a great season.

i'm sorry, but my team kicks ass. :mrgreen: