Man, you must have some bruises on that noggin of yours from all that head-bangin' :mrgreen:

My friend tells me the new Perfect Circle is "the Cure with a rockin' guitarist," he says he likes it o.k. Your thoughts? Howsabout the new Maiden, I saw they hyped this bad boy enough that it cracked the Top 25.

I actually have one to add:

The Fire Theft (self-titled)

Former Sunny Day Real Estate, am going to see them play this Sunday. Kind of prog-emo, I'm sure most around here would hate it :P
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Man, you must have some bruises on that noggin of yours from all that head-bangin' :mrgreen:

Amazingly, not yet. My music tastes have become disturbingly monotonous in the past year -- I listen to thrash, death and classic metal on an almost exclusive basis (mostly for reviewing purposes). I figure at some point I'll hit the wall and swear off everything except Neil Young and Bowie, but it's not happened yet...
My friend tells me the new Perfect Circle is "the Cure with a rockin' guitarist,"

I thought the exact same thing, that they're trying to sound like Depeche Mode or The Cure as opposed to "Tool Lite."

Speaking of Tool, after listening to Lateralus today for the first time in at least a year, I've decided it's a pretty tedious album. Make of that what you will.
he says he likes it o.k. Your thoughts?
Only gone through it a couple of times, "OK" is about the best I can offer at the moment. For a pop band they certainly take themselves awfully seriously.
Howsabout the new Maiden, I saw they hyped this bad boy enough that it cracked the Top 25.
I'd give it a solid "B" right about now. They're shooting for a Number of the Beast/Piece of Mind sound, and hit it for the most part. 'Arry can still tear it up on the bass. There's about two or three songs where Dickinson's voice is like fingernails on a blackboard. Jesus, that man was not meant to sing ballads.
Former Sunny Day Real Estate. Kind of prog-emo, I'm sure most around here would hate it

I had Sunny Day's first album way back in high school. Then they put out the all-pink album which I thought was shit, and for the most part forgot about them. Didn't half the band turn up in the Foo Fighters?
am going to see them play this Sunday
I'm off to Dallas in six weeks to see Slayer. Pretty psyched about it since hearing that they played all of Reign in Blood in London this summer. Plus Lombardo's still on zee drums. I've only seen the band with Bostaph.

Oh and Arch Enemy's the support act.

:mrgreen: :killer:
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

this week and pretty much any other week:

Machinae Supremacy
Portions of Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death
Various Artists - All the stuff that Pit has thieved/stolen/occasionally taken with the consent of the creators over the interweb

oh, and I win the monotonous award..no-one has known monotony until they have seen how static my playlist has been..well...forever :P

Thanks to TC 8):
  • Radio Iodine
  • Stabbing Westward - Darkest Days and Stabbing Westward
  • Gravity Kills - Perversion (more to come)
added to this:
  • Lost Highway Soundtrack
  • Die Ärzte - Geräusch
  • The Dandy Warhols - Thirteen Tales of Urban Bohemnian
still waiting in my queue:
  • Alice in Chains - BAd Dream
"Good taste is the death of art."
-Truman Capote

Pit wrote:What about Hasselhoff? :mrgreen:
Pit wrote:[13:57] <Pit> I will attain the highest postcount on g0re.net even if I have to start entire topics talking to myself
[13:57] <Pit> or participate in hockey discussion
[13:57] <Pit> YES, EVEN THAT
@_@
-Truman Capote

i don't usually post in this thread because quite frequently i hit 'random' and listen to a zillion different things. but yesterday i had 10 hours in the car and listened to a few complete things, so here you go:
  • Agnostic Front - Liberty & Justice for...
    Monstrosity - Rise to Power
    Bill Hicks - Flying Saucer Tour Vol. 1
    Vader - Morbid Reich
    Denis Leary - No Cure for Cancer
    Destruction - Alive Devastation
    Stabbing Westward - various

This week:

Morbid Angel - Heretic
Sixty Watt Shaman - Reason to Live
Superjoint Ritual - A Lethal Dose of American Hatred
Down - Down II: A Bustle In Your Hedgerow
Opeth - Blackwater Park
High on Fire - Surrounded by Thieves
Tony Iommi - Iommi
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Vader - Morbid Reich
What's a good Vader disc to pick up? I've heard only scattered tunes of theirs (the Kingdom EP), but what I've heard I like.

O-dot wrote:
Vader - Morbid Reich
What's a good Vader disc to pick up? I've heard only scattered tunes of theirs (the Kingdom EP), but what I've heard I like.
frankly, i can't in good conscious recommend anything other than the 1990 morbid reich demo, which is available on a re-released CD along with the 1989 necrolust demo called reborn in chaos. when morbid reich came out, i was blown away - i couldn't WAIT for their album, especially knowing who was producing it. but when the ultimate incantation came out, it was the biggest disappointment i'd ever heard. i listened to two tracks off of the album after that before turning it off. i can't stand their stuff for long at all, other than the demo. i mean, doc is a great drummer and all, but nothing will ever touch morbid reich.

that being said, i do have two tracks from the new album Blood that are pretty tolerable. any vader fan will like it, and people that used to like them may give it a listen.

The Mars Volta--De-Loused in the Comatorium

Enon--High Society

Woven Hand--Blush Music

Bonnie "Prince" Billy--Master and Everyone

Do you ever get the feeling there's almost too goddamn much music out there? Not saying it's a bad thing, but man! Tough to keep up with all the good stuff!

Anyway, don't know that I would recommend much of any of this to you, except maybe to dhn. Old pal Wopper would probably like Woven Hand.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Tried The Mars Voltaa a few weeks ago, didn't really click with me, though. But yeah, I agree, there is way to much good music out there. 8O

I listened to Nirvana's Unplugged MTV concert today again, perhaps my favorite album of all times. I also am looking into the new Strokes album (more of the same stuff, nothing bad with this :)) and Kings of Leon. Needed some lighter rocking after TC flooded me with lots of great music! ;)

Oh yeah, and the Kill Bill soundtrack is still spinning daily. Tomoyasu Hotei's "Battle Without Honor" is my favortie piece of music at the moment.
-Truman Capote

dhn wrote:Tried The Mars Voltaa a few weeks ago, didn't really click with me, though. But yeah, I agree, there is way to much good music out there. 8O

I listened to Nirvana's Unplugged MTV concert today again, perhaps my favorite album of all times. I also am looking into the new Strokes album (more of the same stuff, nothing bad with this :)) and Kings of Leon. Needed some lighter rocking after TC flooded me with lots of great music! ;)

Oh yeah, and the Kill Bill soundtrack is still spinning daily. Tomoyasu Hotei's "Battle Without Honor" is my favortie piece of music at the moment.
For lighter rocking, I would highly highly recommend M. Ward, either "End of Amnesia" (out of print currently, but worth the search) or his latest, "Transfiguration of Vincent." Enon's not particularly heavy, they're pretty unpredictable pop. Also Broken Social Scene, Iron and Wine, and that Bonnie "Prince" Billy. Ever listen to Mogwai?

Actually was listening to Mogwai while writing the post yesterday. Great stuff! Also have Broken Social Scene. Thanks for the suggestion will look into it.
-Truman Capote

dead horse - HORSECORE... :D thanks for the reccomendation TC \m/ though, i didn't like peaceful death... as much, but i have to listen to it more.

excellent, glad you like them. but whatever you do, do not get the third album - it's horrible.

as for me, currently:
Killing Joke - Killing Joke (2003)

this is not to be confused with their 1979 debut, which was also self-titled. on this new album, dave grohl plays drums for the rest of the original lineup. frankly, it's an amazing album - high-energy, and very much more towards the original intention of KJ than recent efforts. i'd suggest anyone here pick it up - you'll love it. grohl still very much kicks ass on drums. makes me even more stoked for Probot.

TC wrote: Killing Joke - Killing Joke (2003)

this is not to be confused with their 1979 debut, which was also self-titled. on this new album, dave grohl plays drums for the rest of the original lineup. frankly, it's an amazing album - high-energy, and very much more towards the original intention of KJ than recent efforts. i'd suggest anyone here pick it up - you'll love it. grohl still very much kicks ass on drums. makes me even more stoked for Probot.
Nice. Haven't listened to them in forever, I will check that out.