Seether Disclaimer

Godsmack Faceless--By the way O-dot, even being a Godsmack fan myself, I can see why you didn't much care for it. It's only got about 3 good songs on the whole disk. The rest is just filler. OK sounds with a sometimes too strong bass line.

TC wrote:28 Days Later... OST
Woah, does it contain the track by "Godspeed you! Black Emperor"? I got one of their albums (yanqui u.x.o.) after I watched and loved the movie. They are fantastic, need to get more of them!
"Good taste is the death of art."
-Truman Capote

Storm13 wrote:Godsmack Faceless--By the way O-dot, even being a Godsmack fan myself, I can see why you didn't much care for it. It's only got about 3 good songs on the whole disk. The rest is just filler. OK sounds with a sometimes too strong bass line.
Easily one of the worst albums I've heard in years.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Ah, this week:

Nevermore, Enemies of Reality
Death, The Sound Of Perseverance
Vio-Lence, Eternal Nightmare
Black Sabbath, Dehumanizer
Metallica, ... And Justice for All

New Arch Enemy is supposed to be out this week, also waiting for Nightrage to arrive from Amazon.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:Vio-Lence, Eternal Nightmare
NICE ONE!! excellent choice.

the only thing i can say about me this week is:
Thesyre, Thesyre - album of the friggin' year. review forthcoming.

TC wrote:
O-dot wrote:Vio-Lence, Eternal Nightmare
NICE ONE!! excellent choice.

Where can I find it? Amazon doesn't have it...

O-dot wrote:
TC wrote: NICE ONE!! excellent choice.

Where can I find it? Amazon doesn't have it...
haha, hell no. they will soon be at thesyre.com and ascentrecords.com, but for the time being go to http://thesyre.cjb.net/ and/or http://ascentrecords.cjb.net/ to order.

a friend dropped over yesterday...

arch enemy - anthems of rebellion
napalm death - inside the torn apart
anthrax - sound of white trash

...and also tried to sell me a megadeth album, i sure told him where to go, metallica rejects :lol:

btw, i proved a theory...that bruce dick(head)inson does indeed sound like lulu, i did this by combining an instrumental maiden track with lulu's 'shout' and you'd never notice the difference, both end each line with that girly tag (that ruins ALL old metal, such a shame as some of the riffs were great)

arch enemy - anthems of rebellion
any good? I'll be getting it shortly. Nightrage is pretty sweet, you ought to look for that.
anthrax - sound of white trash
heh.

Mostly out of the metal rut in my list this week:

Nightrage, Sweet Vengeance
Queens of the Stone Age, Rated R
Radiohead, Hail to the Thief

This week:

Nightrage, Sweet Vengeance
Arch Enemy, Anthems of Rebellion
Iron Maiden, Dance of Death
Voivod, War and Pain

I finally have some new music:

Mogwai, "Happy Songs For Happy People"

Broken Social Scene, "You Forgot It In People"

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, "Take Them On, On Your Own"

Iron and Wine, "The Sea and the Rhythm"

Constantines, "Shine A Light"
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, "Take Them On, On Your Own"
Tell me about this. I've heard another fellow elsewhere talk it up.

Hmm, well, so far I like their first one better, but I'm not one who gets into albums immediately and I've only listened to this one once. They are heavily influenced by Jesus & Mary Chain and Love & Rockets, so if that kind of sound isn't your cup 'o tea then I wouldn't bother. I was worried after listening to the first couple tracks that they had sold out a little for this whole "return to rock!" thing that the British press and certain record labels are trying to shove down our throats, but the album gets more interesting as it goes on. When I say 'more interesting,' I still mean that in the context of goth-y three chord rockers, though; don't expect anything too groundbreaking.

I'm also a fan of these guys because I saw them twice on what seemed like a never-ending tour for their first record; they played at shitty venues for (I'm sure) no money and fought through in-and-out PAs at both of them, but soldiered on and played damn good sets.

Say, you ever heard At The Drive-In? You might like them, they're very aggressive although I wouldn't call them metal. I need to go check out their spinoff The Mars Volta, supposed to be good stuff too.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Thanks for the info. Not familiar with At the Drive In.

You heard High on Fire? It's like what Sabbath might have sounded like as a trio of Iommi, Lemmy and Bill Ward.

At The Drive-In spun off into The Mars Volta and Sparta, the latter of which I have and like but it's a little more radio-friendly. You can check out some ATDI sound samples off their last (and best) over at amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... c&n=507846

Haven't heard High On Fire although I've heard of 'em--I will check them out, I haven't had much luck finding good heavier stuff as of late. Dead Meadow was the last stoner rock (stoner rock of course being a genre endlessly obsessed with Sabbath) album I got, and it was a dissapointment.

High on Fire's guitarist used to be in Sleep, I believe...

THAT's where I knew them from...yeah, they just played here recently. Sleep's kind of hit and miss in my book, but definitely one of the better stoner rock bands out there.

This week, a bit late:

Arch Enemy, Anthems of Rebellion
A Perfect Circle, Thirteenth Step
Voivod, Voivod

This week:

Kreator, Terrible Certainty
Exodus, Bonded by Blood
Voivod, Dimension Hatross
Black Sabbath, Born Again
Destruction, Metal Discharge

This week:

A Perfect Circle, Thirteenth Step
Tool, Lateralus
Destruction, Metal Discharge