The Sandman

Joseph Gordon Leavitt Tweet: Ladies and gentlemen, I'm incredibly honored to be working with David Goyer, Warner Bros, and @neilhimself on SANDMAN. #Prelude
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: The Sandman

And then: Just to clarify, folks. I've signed on as a producer on Sandman. The rest remains to be seen. Delighted you guys are excited. I am too!
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

There is another world that waits for all of us when we close our eyes and sleep — a place called the Dreaming, where The Sandman, Master of Dreams (Tom Sturridge), gives shape to all of our deepest fears and fantasies. But when Dream is unexpectedly captured and held prisoner for a century, his absence sets off a series of events that will change both the dreaming and waking worlds forever. To restore order, Dream must journey across different worlds and timelines to mend the mistakes he’s made during his vast existence, revisiting old friends and foes, and meeting new entities — both cosmic and human — along the way.

Based on the beloved award-winning DC comic series written by Neil Gaiman, THE SANDMAN is a rich, character-driven blend of myth and dark fantasy woven together over the course of ten epic chapters following Dream’s many adventures. Developed and executive produced by Gaiman, showrunner Allan Heinberg, and David S. Goyer.

completed this last night. i didn't read the source material so can't comment on that, but i enjoyed the series. seemed to be hedging a bit on some of the more horror/hell elements, but even so, the episode "24/7" was a highlight. well done and curious if they are going to continue. it seemed to be setting up a battle royale in the last scenes.

Oh, and forgot to mention - i wish patton oswalt would just go away. You had a nice run for a while dude. Just please stop. He’s lost all sense of humor which was the only thing granting him leeway for his terrible voice. His cartoony delivery immediately took me out of this.