Re: Unrecorded Night [Lynch]

I was willing to easily dismiss it as wishful thinking until the Variety story hit, now I think there may be something to it. If the trades talk about it there is usually something there. My main hope is that if it's real it's something he actually shot with a real crew and at least an outline of a script and not something he shot on his phone. As much as I love Inland Empire, I don't want to see 2 hours of Laura Dern eating breakfast.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

or not...
EW wrote:This is the part of the interview when I usually ask people what they're working on next, but I was excited to see news yesterday that you have a new film coming out?

[Laughs] I have no new film coming out. That's a total rumor. So there you are. It is not happening. I don't have a project. I have nothing at Cannes. It's unfortunate. It got built up that people thought, "Oh, that'd be nice." But there is something new, but it's not mine. I don't know whose it is. They say there's something new at Cannes, and they don't say whose it is, and some people thought it was my film, but it's not. So we'll wait and see, and see whose it is.

Is there anything else you're currently working on?

I'm working on painting and sculpture each day. And I've been working on Lost Highway color-correcting and timing.
fuck.

Maybe it's this title, maybe it's "Wisteria", maybe it's something else, but sure sounds like he's still working on something...
WorldOfReel wrote:David Lynch is Filming Something in West Hollywood …

The headline speaks for itself. I’m not sure what David Lynch is shooting in WeHo, but I’ll dig into it and report back. It could be an ad, it could be a short or, fingers crossed, it could be a new feature length film.

Lynch abruptly stopped his daily YouTube weather reports around five months ago. No reason was given, but by then he’d been doing these highly entertaining videos for a few years.

Lynch hasn’t directed a film since 2006’s “Inland Empire,” unless you count his 2017 Showtime series “Twin Peaks: The Return” as a movie. There have been rumors, for a few years now, of Lynch shooting a secret project, on and off.

Back in March of 2021, there was a rumor that Lynch was partnering with Netflix for an upcoming limited series.

No plot had been revealed, but there were rumblings of a possible “Mulholland Drive” spin-off or, even a continuation of “Twin Peaks: The Return.” Lynch veterans Naomi Watts and Laura Dern had even been spotted attending a meeting at Netflix headquarters for this undisclosed project.

If that wasn’t enough to whet your appetite, then how about last year’s casting note, from The Girlfriend Experience, adding more intrigue to the puzzle:

The lead of the new David Lynch film requires tasteful nudity. Actress with dark hair in their mid to late 20s.

Back in February, there was a supposed insider on Reddit who had posted details about Lynch’s upcoming project, which was said to shoot in late spring, before the pandemic hit, under the working title of “Wisteria.” The rumor had Netflix greenlighting 13 hour-long episodes and a budget of $85 million.

Then, not too long after, the usually tight-lipped Lynch revealed on his YouTube channel that he was going to shoot a new movie. And then, radio silence … May 2021 came and went, still no indication that anything was happening. Then we heard that Netflix completely scrapped his project.

Finally, a few months later, on a message board, a person posted supposed intel on Lynch’s new project:

In September of last year, I was told by someone in-charge of one of the original shooting locations in Snoqualmie that Lynch and his team had indeed been in town that summer shooting something that was post-apocalyptic in nature. I asked him four times if he was sure that Lynch himself was there, and the guy told me he’s positive that it was Lynch. That would line up with the reports that went out to local businesses alerting them of someone filming happening there, and reports of Amanda Seyfreid being seen in Washington at the time, and what Dern said about Lynch being “up to something radical and fantastic.” And of course, the hair-and-beard thing.

This is all speculation at this point, but all signs are pointing towards Lynch working on something new. Whether it’s a TV series or feature film is the big question.

It's nonsense. The whole WeHo thing was based off a single tweet a rando account posted on twitter, which has since been deleted. Pretty sure they meant it as a joke, but of course the clickbait media had to run with it.
Just cut them up like regular chickens