For All Mankind [Apple TV+]

For All Mankind - AppleTV+ drama pitched as an alternate-history series ("what if the russians landed on the moon first and the space race never stopped?"), it sort of is. i mean, it is, but the "vs the russians" angle is almost ever only talked about. mostly just could have been pitched as "what if the apollo missions never stopped?" anyway, well-cast and acted, mostly. starts off slow...very slow. first few episodes are incredibly slow. eventually picks up. wish it were less heavy on the drama and more on the space, but i didn't stop watching it. i enjoyed it. don't know if there will be an S2 or not.

Re: Recent movie playlist

cool. yeah, and they made sure to present their opinions on every major social issue: race, sex, korea, vietnam, politics, gender gap, drugs, nazis... did i miss anything? i even think someone mentioned they hate cats, so pets is on the list too. i guess no one is transitioning yet, we'll see if they hit that in s2. i say this tongue in cheek, it wasn't really shoved in your face in a clear agenda-y way, given that all of those were hot topics of the time. still, some of that felt shoved into the story. like, if that one chick's husband (my namesake) hadn't been a vietnam vet, it wouldn't have changed one thing about the story. shrug. it felt very apple-y.

Re: For All Mankind [Apple TV+]

s2 going well so far for me. Don’t know why but i’m enjoying it at least as much as s1. It’s still a very slow, methodical pace, but i’m liking it. While there’s still a lot going on, it feels like they’ve reined in the very high amount of side stories a bit this season. Let’s see where it goes...

holy shit, after last week's episode, the s2 finale this week should be nuts. we've been calling it 'space of our lives' or 'the young and the spaceless' because, for a show about astronauts, it's typically light on space-things. not last week.

well, guess i never posted about s3 here, not sure why as it was great, but season 4 just wrapped last week. it was another really great season. again this show seems to be wildly under the radar for most folks. while the best under the radar show remains Slow Horses, this show is a close second. this season did require a lot more logical leaps from the audience, and some unexplained time lapses, but was still very good. not sure where they're going from here, but it promises to be pretty wild. very worth your time for this alt-history sci-fi goodness.

This is probably the best show on tv today. Certainly one of the few left I actually look forward to watching and make it a point not to mess. I agree, some of the things in this last season required not thinking about it too much. Mostly a lot of the asteroid hijacking plotline. But over all it's a solid show.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

ah, glad you're watching it! yeah that asteroid thing was the main one, including them just skipping right over how they attached and are pushing it, especially since there was a major incident doing so earlier in the season, but sure - i'll accept that they just figured it out. and the old age makeup on ed is hilarious, especially after just watching Silent Night. but yes, a very solid show!