Re: Lilyhammer

I guess if I found him a little more charming and a little less Wise Guy From General Casting I'd be a bit more interested. That and I hate most Bruce Springsteen music so he's got that working against him. Funny story (to me anyway), back in the salad days when we had a booth at The Can, I went to see The Boss in concert there since it was a free ticket and of course my Dad thought it would be the most awesome father-son bonding concert evar and whatnot. So I watched them do this relentlessly all climax, high energy crap for about an hour, bagged out claiming a stomach ache, and left early. Way early. The parking lot was 100% full until I left, heh. I'm sure fans would cry heresy. Fuck them. And Springsteen. I am glad I got to see Clarence Clemmons before he kicked it, he was probably the high point. Stevie and Bruce's fat asses snuggling up on a lone microphone to bark out non-harmonies together, not so much.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Yes on Weinberg, forgot about him. Not that he gets to do much interesting stuff with Bruce. One thing I will say for Springsteen, and a few of my co-workers at the time got to enjoy this first-hand, is that he sends an usher up to the very top row of the nosebleeds about half an hour before each show starts, the usher grabs a group of fans from there and marches them up to seats right in front of the stage. That's a pretty cool tradition for someone who does arena shows.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

holy shit, this show went to a season 2? any of you netflixians watch this?
lilyhammer_xxlg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nope, never bothered. Don't believe the hype on Orange is the New Black either, it's pretty awful.

never did watch this when it came out, as i didn't have netflix and it was still too close to the sopranos ending. since we're kind of running out of stuff to watch, decided to check this out. just finished the third and final season last night. s1 is pretty clunky in parts, and little steven really can't act, but he surrounds himself with some pretty great actors, and once you accept that it's meant to be tongue in cheek and it's very self-aware, it's pretty enjoyable. lots of humor, lots of action, lots of "don't ask too many questions" plots, and again, some great norweigian actors that bring it to life and steal the show most of the time. by s2, it found its footing and goes to town. after s2 i wasn't sure where they were going, but s3 was pretty great. several other sopranos actors make appearances throughout the series, as well as a few game of thrones actors. there's also a theory that the whole thing is silvio dante's coma dream, which, frankly, would explain a lot. he basically is silvio dante, but in a much lower stress environment where everything just works out. lots of things move inexplicably quickly, and many problems just solve themselves. also, by s3, there is a lot more english, it's probably half in half. in s1, almost everyone except him speaks norweigian only. i believe s1 was originally only intended to be on norweigian tv, then netflix bought it? don't recall exactly. but, if you are looking for something to watch that's lighter, enjoyable, and doesn't ask a whole lot of you, check this out. hang on with s1, it gets better quickly.