Re: Hey Fuglei

klimov wrote:IMHO he is not the owner of Lynchnet, merely an honorary moderator, and blocking me from the group is an abuse of power...
He's the owner and only mod of the FB group.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

RIght now technically yes, but he doesn't "own" the group in any wider sense. He didn't bring the group together and it is simply circumstance that has put him in this position. Also, he could fix the problem easily if he wanted to: he could unblock me and allow me back into LNR without being FB friends personally, that way we would be kept off each other's feeds without trashing the 24+ year history of the group over a personal grudge.

TC wrote:there's a lynchnet group?
Yes. I believe you were in it initially but left over a disagreement.

Nothing I can do about who is or isn't in the group. I'm not a mod. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

What if Biden goes into the convention with more delegates than Sanders? Will the Sanders supporters still claim it's a stolen nomination?
Personally I don't believe either of them can beat Trump.

Warren was a Trojan horse, splitting the progressive vote on Super Tuesday and handing momentum to Biden, so yes. In any case, if Biden picks Harris, Klobuchar or Buttigieg for VP (as I expect), that's not a ticket any progressive could vote for in good conscience. Nor will the rust belt, plus it won't be exciting to young and Hispanic voters = four more years of Trump (alongside four more years of Johnson, with a lovely UK-US trade deal on the way). Well done. But like I say, the plus side = AOC 2024.

I doubt very highly Sanders could beat Trump, considering he can't even turn out the people who supported him just four years ago. The youth aren't showing up. Black people are going for Biden. What this all says to me is four years ago a lot of his numbers were more about the fact people just really hated Hillary Clinton, than actually supported Sanders himself. Not that I think Biden can beat Trump either, but Sanders clearly doesn't have the support you think he does. He's our Jeremy Corbyn, and the election would probably have a similar result.

darkness wrote:he can't even turn out the people who supported him just four years ago
This is one of the biggest takeaways. The Sanders "revolution" didn't really exist. People who actually get out and vote are supporting Biden. I voted for Bernie in my state's primary four years ago, mostly as a protest against the Clinton dynasty and as a statement demanding better candidates. I knew he didn't have a shot then, and he has less of a shot today. Biden may indeed lose in November — unless Trump continues to tank the economy or the coronavirus kills hundreds of thousands — but Democratic voters clearly are in favor of having an experienced ex-VP at the helm rather than a contentious Vermont senator with a heart condition.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote: a contentious Vermont senator with a heart condition.
Of course Biden is no spring chicken either. It'd be nice if we had a candidate who wasn't near 80 years old, but here we are. They're both older than Reagan and Trump, both of whom pretty clearly were/are losing their marbles by the end of the presidencies. I just hope whomever gets the nod picks someone really good as VP, given the likelihood they'll ascend to the top spot.

and as a statement demanding better candidates
how'd that work out? nobody that matters listened. i think bernie could possibly have beaten trump four years ago, but the party fucked him right out of that. this time, there were several candidates better than either option now. but they couldn't get national traction for whatever reason. or, the party seems intent on shooting itself in the foot and ensuring four more years of trump, which is exactly what's happening. when people that actually had fresh ideas and good experience were ignored. i know there is a minimum age requirement for running for president, but i'm thinking there should also be a maximum age where you can't run. but until then, we're getting a candidate who enjoys telling made-up stories about fictional events in his childhood and that thinks an AR-14 is a gun. the dude can't keep his teeth in his head and is in the throes of dementia. trump will rip him to shreds. i'm just grateful there's no risk of president nana now. that would have been brutal.

klimov wrote:Bernie should run as an independent.
I did not see that coming. :roll:
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.