Re: Top Gun: Maverick

Watched this yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. It’s very good as a stand-alone film. It’s not a nostalgia fest - even the song “Danger Zone” is only briefly played, partially, just once. The Top Gun theme music does echo throughout, which is a nice touch, but it’s mostly a stand-alone film, and extremely well done. Doesn’t feel nearly as long as it is, either. The flying and stunt work is just incredible. Cast is great. I mean, really, it’s way better than it should have been. I’d happily watch it again.

Watched it a couple of days ago. I barely remember the original as I haven't seen it since it came out. It was about as expected, a silly action film. It rips off a lot from Star Wars and the battle of Yavin IV (which itself was ripped off from The Dam Busters). But I suppose it was amusing enough and kept us entertained while we digested turkey.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Ehhhhh..... Well it was a decent enough entertainment to keep one awake on the way to midnight. A little underwhelmed TBH after all the build up, but the final action sequences were pretty sweet and I guess it would've had even more oomph in the theatre. T'was ok but I'm going to have to give it a 2/5.