Re: [Movie] Akira live-action film

darkness wrote:I've never seen Akira, so I have no real connection to the source. But Ragnarok is one of my least favorite of the MCU films, so any interest I had just dropped even more.
really? i liked it. more than dark world, that's for sure. as far as who is the sacrificial lamb thrown at this material, it doesn't matter. i don't think it's possible to really adapt. but, that's been said about better material and it was done, so what do i know? just think no matter who it is, it will be hated. unless they just go for something out of left field with it and not try to treat manga like bible.

I think Dark World doesn't deserve nearly the crap it gets. It is a great film? No. Is it a good one. Yes. Ragnarok is just too silly for me. There are some good parts, mainly the ones with Anthony Hopkins. But the humor wears thin quickly.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

klimov wrote:Huh? Ragnarok may be cashing in on the success of GOTG, a reboot essentially, but it's the best Thor movie by some margin. And you need to see Akira.
You're smoking your shoelaces. The original Thor was the best easily. Some day I'll see Akira. I'm just not big on anime.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

welp...
DH wrote:Taika Waititi Helms “Thor 4” As “Akira” Stalls

Taika Waititi has reportedly signed a deal to write and direct a fourth film in the “Thor” franchise, following up his 2017 smash “Thor: Ragnarok” reports Heat Vision.

Doing this however will come with a cost – Warner Bros.’ long-gestating adaptation of the Japanese manga “Akira,” which he was set to direct, has been put on indefinite hold.

“Akira” was set for a May 21st 2021 release and Waititi was already testing actors in a worldwide search for talent. Production dates for the two projects began to bump up against one another and script concerns over “Akira” pushed it back to a point the dates are now too close.

What happens with “Akira” now is uncertain, though sources for the trade suggest the studio is willing to wait for him and hopes to see him pick up “Akira” again after “Thor 4”.

“Thor: Ragnarok” pulled in $854 million worldwide and scored critical raves. Chris Hemsworth is expected to reprise his role as the Asgardian god of thunder.
it's like they read this forum and wanted to piss mike off worse.