Joker

55944959_1174736752687990_6036345821769760768_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Joker

If not for Joaquin, I don't think I'd be interested in this at all.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Good trailer. We'll see what the reviews say .
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

that's a low bar. it's pretty emo looking, and i am sooooooo beyond tired of origin stories. however, this looks like they went full scorsese, and joaquin is fantastic, so yes, i will agree, this looks way more interesting than yet another super hero film. i will leave the house for this.

TC wrote:that's a low bar. it's pretty emo looking, and i am sooooooo beyond tired of origin stories. however, this looks like they went full scorsese, and joaquin is fantastic, so yes, i will agree, this looks way more interesting than yet another super hero film. i will leave the house for this.
Right, but I still include the Nolan Batman's in that (I still claim they hold up worse and worse with every viewing). I didn't get an emo vibe at all, tbh - the trailer makes it feel more like a drama than anything. And a Joker origin story is probably the only origin story that could be potentially interesting.

_Marcus_ wrote:Right, but I still include the Nolan Batman's in that (I still claim they hold up worse and worse with every viewing).
i understand this sentiment. however, i think you can't discount how drastic of a (welcome) change BB was at the time. i mean, the prior batman film was schumacher's batman & robin, right? complete mockery of everything, other than the TV series. it was so badly needed. and viewing it through the lens of hindsight and distaste at all the films that felt like they had to copy it ("we need a dark, gritty version of <insert title>") does it a disservice. that being said, TDK doesn't fit into your statement at all. that thing transcends that criticism i think. and TDKR was kind of ludicrous from the beginning. still, even so - the nolan trilogy is far and away the best filmed batman to date. i do love the original keaton films, but they are not really the version of batman i prefer. i just like them as films.

Jesus, are we doing Harley Quinn again? I used to like the character but now it seems like they can't have anything with the Joker without dragging her along.
Just cut them up like regular chickens