Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. [Whedon]

Alexhead wrote:You could well be right. All I know is, I'm going to want to see Ultron at about 9pm on Tuesday and I won't be able to until at least Saturday.
i'm probably out until the following weekend so you have me beat.

TC wrote:
Alexhead wrote:You could well be right. All I know is, I'm going to want to see Ultron at about 9pm on Tuesday and I won't be able to until at least Saturday.
i'm probably out until the following weekend so you have me beat.
I might actually try to go opening night. The theater nearest me doesn't get a lot of traffic so it's not quite a zoo with popular films. I remember going to the first Avengers there for the first show at midnight and there were about 30 people in the theater.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

I wish I had one of those close, most of the theaters near me do a pretty tidy business, and I'm sure they will for this one. Could have gone to the double feature at the Alamo on Thursday night but even for me that's too long to watch superheroes smash shit and trade one-liners.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

I really like where they're going with things this season. We finally get mutant...er...I mean inhumans, stepping it up to the next level. And it also appears they're laying the groundwork for Civil War with the government starting to take action in the wake of the events of the Avenger's films.

Yes, story-wise they're doing all the right things although the premiere was a bit of a exposition dump, The setup for Civil War is clear, and it was nice to see the President back from Iron Man 3 doing a cameo. Bad guy appears to be Lash from the comics. Simmons in space!
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

My kids gave up on it and I'm probably 7 episodes behind. I kind of hope it ends soon before it goes total shit--not to say it is now, but I just don't think there's much freshness to be found.

They need to end it after this season. Ratings are down and they'll have enough episodes for syndication. I feel like with Whedon gone from Marvel on the movie end of things the show has been kind of left to twist on it's own. To many things contradict each other now from the TV to movie side of things, and if they're not going to keep the house in order, might as well end it. At least with the Netflix series' they all deal with smaller threats so they can pretty much exist on their own. On Shield when the world is about to be destroyed for the 20th time you're saying, "shouldn't the Avengers be dealing with this?"