Re: Ø Celebrity Death Pool

For two years I had Harlan Ellison on the list but took him off this year. Pretty sure he died on purpose in 2018 just to fuck me over for pirating that copy of Demon With A Glass Hand back in the '90s before I finally was able to buy it legit. Harlan always gets the last word.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Tally for 2018:

O-dot:
Burt Reynolds
Billy Graham

TC:
Stan Lee

Darkness:
John McCain
Stan Lee
George H. W. Bush

My list for 2019:
1. Kirk Douglas - He's 102, so I think this one is a given (I say every year).
2. Olivia de Havilland - See Kirk Douglas (I say every year)
3. Michael Cohen - Tump doesn't want his secrets spilled, nor do the Russians, and they have a recent history of assassinations. Expect him to fall ill and die under suspicious circumstances.
4. Ruth Bader Ginsburg - Putting her on the list hoping she'll stay alive just to spite me. Otherwise we're all fucked.
5. Bob Barker - He keeps going in the hospital a lot, plus his age.
6. Bill Cosby - Failing health and having to survive prison will be his end.
7. Bob Newhart - The last few times I've seen him he hasn't been looking too good.
8. Paul McCartney - It's been a while since we lost a Beatle, and the universe seems to be taking them from most talented to least. Sorry Ringo.
9. Nichelle Nichols - Strokes and now dementia.
10. Valarie Harper - Relapsing from cancer.

wow mike, you really "killed" it last year. feels like the most "successful" one of us has been in a while.

1. Kirk Douglas - i feel like this is a gimmie.
2. Bill Clinton - guy's not looking good. hillary will live forever but this guy isn't so lucky.
3. Artie Lange - love the guy but i don't think there's any real way he stays clean, and when he falls back it will be too hard even for him.
4. Ric Flair - it's been a while since the gods took a legendary wrestler and he doesn't look great.
5. Ruth Bader Ginsburg - yeah, have to agree here. i think doing a "how to live long" book while also having a biopic made about you is the death pool trifecta. she's donezo.
6. Tina Turner - she's getting up there and again has had another film about her life done. it's a sign.
7. Willie Nelson - he's had a great run and some hard times but can't live forever.
8. Little Richard - the year a ton of iconic musicians fall. but not sir paul.
9. Dick Van Dyke - this is the year.
10. Janice Dickinson - surgery won't save you.

I'm gonna add a few newer names this time:

1. Bill Clinton — Seriously, he had major heart surgery over a decade ago. He'll be the next ex-president to go.
2. Robert Mugabe — Unless pure evil is keeping him alive.
3. Eric Clapton — Aging rock star, ex-addict, nerve damage, recent Christmas album, racist.
4. Jerry Lee Lewis — Should be the next '50s rocker to shuffle off the mortal coil.
5. Louis C.K. — At some point he'll have a moment of clarity and he won't be able to handle it.
6. Kevin Spacey — Ditto.
7. Pete Davidson — Ditto.
8. Ginger Baker — Had heart surgery three years ago. Can't imagine he's in any better condition.
9. Ray or Dave Davies — Old, forgotten rock stars, health problems.
10. Doris Day — Admit it, you thought she was already gone.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

TC wrote:well, we all missed mean gene and super dave. fuck, brutal way to start the year. RIP guys.
It's the week to piss on my childhood I guess. There was a brief time when I watched wrestling when I was a kid and I remember Mean Gene and some McMahon guy (what happened to him?) were the announcers every week. And Super Dave used to be one of my favorites when I got to stay up late to watch Letterman on days there were no school. He's probably one of the first things I remember of the old Letterman show.

whatever happened to mcmahon? i assume you're joking.

yeah, it's really sad. mean gene was the master straight man foil to all those over-the-top personas. seeing him last year on that andre doc was nice. he was such a perfect character. and super dave, my friend and i would constantly watch and quote his bits. him being on curb was just a bonus. ugh.

I don't think anyone saw Luke Perry coming. I would have put my money on Shannen Doherty because of her cancer. Keith Flint maybe, but there are so many '90s era musicians who might go that it's hard to pick the right one.

darkness wrote:Point me for Valarie Harper. I wish I'd had the foresight for Epstein. Remind me next year to take a look at closer look at who Trump or the Clintons know.
Side note, Twitter's so goofy lately that on any given day a random celebrity is trending — and your first thought is "Oh crap, [insert name] died?" But then it turns out it's so-and-so's birthday or whatever.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.