Re: Justice League (2017)

ok, so it's not the flash from TV, but the character is right. i can dig it. of course people will say he's the spider-man of this film, after the last avengers movie. but, that will pass.

looks pretty legit.

Agreed. They do seem to have the characters right. Still, it's Zack Snyder and this is the last film made before they started making post-BvS changes to try to fix the DCU, so I don't hold out much hope.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

TC wrote:that's what passes for a sizzle reel these days? eeesh.
They probably learned their lesson from the previous films and didn't want to show too much, less they get buzzing going about how much it sucks. Is it just me or does Batman in this move like a crippled geriatric who could probably be knocked over by a five year old?

Guess I'll put this here. Flash has lost its director and script...again.
Variety wrote: Joby Harold to Do Page-One Rewrite of ‘The Flash’ Script (EXCLUSIVE)

While “The Flash” waits to find its new director, Warner Bros. has tapped Joby Harold to do a page-one rewrite to the script, sources tell Variety.

The pic has been on hold since losing director Rick Famuyiwa and while it waits to find his replacement, the studio has decided to take script in different direction.

WB had no comment.

Executives have been taking their time in finding his replacement. With Ezra Miller, who will play the speedy superhero, getting ready to shoot “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2,” they decided work on a new script in the meantime.

Famuyiwa had written the latest draft. Sources say the original reason for his departure had to do with executives disagreeing with where he had taken the script. Seth Grahame-Smith had also written a previous draft.

Kiersey Clemons is attached to play Iris West, and Billy Crudup will play Miller’s father.

Harold has past ties to the studio, having most recently written “King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.” Other projects in development include a new “Robin Hood: Origins” movie for Lionsgate, as well as a “Twilight Zone” film for the studio.

He is repped by CAA.

TC wrote:you know, with as well as they're doing telling the story on the small screen, it seems kind of silly to completely ignore that and take the same stories to the big screen like that.
They kind of blew that already though since new Flash is in Justice League. Besides, Warner keeps seeing all that money Disney is piling up year after year and desperate to get in on it. They just don't know how to actually do it.

[youtube][/youtube]
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
that trailer is terrible.

TC wrote:that trailer is terrible.
My thought exactly. The other DC films the trailers looked good only for me to be disappointed in the theater by a shitty film. This one even the trailer looks awful. We've sure fallen a long way since The Dark Knight.
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act...
Why would that restore his faith in humanity. Humanity didn't do shit in BvS. In fact it was humanity that fucked everything up. Lex's greed and quest for power, the politicians' easy corruption, the people's willingness to be duped easily by propaganda... If I was Batman after BvS I'd be like, "Fuck these assholes. This is your dirty dishwater, you soak in it."

I liked BvS well enough that I'll give it a shot, and of course they're not showing us a lot considering some degree of the second or third act has to revolve around the return of Superman, but it does kind of look like the entire DC Universe is now based in Gotham City. For me, Snyder has produced problematic but overall good work for DC. I know many don't agree with me, that's fine. Had WB management had their creative talent team shit together they might have done themselves a big favor by slating Aquaman or Flash prior to this, a bit more universe building before getting the whole team together. Honestly I blame the filmmakers quite a bit less than the studio for what's going on here. But I will acknowledge, especially on the heels of Suicide Squad, that there's definitely something going on here that ain't great.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

[youtube][/youtube]

Yawn. "Superman...made them see the best parts of themselves." Did we see the same film? Because Superman was kind of a selfish dick who really only cared about saving Lois. My only hope is that Whedon will have somehow saved the film.

darkness wrote:Yawn. "Superman...made them see the best parts of themselves." Did we see the same film? Because Superman was kind of a selfish dick who really only cared about saving Lois. My only hope is that Whedon will have somehow saved the film.
i think they're talking about that movie they saw a long time ago with christopher reeve.

did... did he just say "no lanterns"? zack still trying to remind us that his movies are better than green lantern was? and not one scene of aquaman talking to fish? what kind of world is this?

i hope that last scene is when apache chief shows up.

finally watched this last night. immediately you see the ridiculous CGI lips of cavill. so distracting. and the expository dialog is ridiculous, even by comic book standards. other than that, it was fine. wasn't as terrible as i thought it would be, which probably makes it less fun long-term. if it were just awfully terrible, it would be more fun to rewatch. as is, can't see why i'd ever rewatch. they made the flash their spider-man and batman their iron man. pretty blatant. gadot steals the film, easily. but, it's fine. shrug.

it will forever be a "what could have been" film. i feel like it wasn't really that far away from being what it so badly wanted to be, just that it slightly veered left of "good" immediately so that by the end of the film "what it should have been" and "what it actually was" were miles apart. mistakes snowballed, perpetuated by previous mistakes. it was the super hero film equivalent of the gambler's fallacy. everything about it screams of way too many cooks in the kitchen. make a tone/writing/directing choice and fucking stick with it, will ya? stop hedging your bets, it doesn't work. and someone hide jesse eisenberg before they film another second of him as lex luthor, please. he is such an awful choice.