Re: Bad Times at the El Royale

He got Daredevil off the ground at Netflix and has been directing some episodes (such as the pilot) of The Good Place. I read an interview with him once where he said he very much had no career plan/path and just grabbed things as they came along, but obviously he must have found some inspiration to write this.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

this was a fun watch. felt like it got draggy in parts in the middle but first 20-30 were great, and last 30-45 were great. don't get me wrong, i understand why he was doing that in the middle, it just felt like ultimately it wasn't necessary. could have been a little tighter is all. but will absolutely be watching again.

i was left with one question -
why was that one section called "maintenance closet"? i get all the other section titles, but that was i couldn't figure out.

I caught this with a work buddy yesterday. As for your MC question — beats me.

Movie was decent. It was like being back in the late '90s when people kept trying to chase the success of Pulp Fiction with similar multi-character crime sagas populated with hip actors strutting around. I nodded off a few times in the middle.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:It was like being back in the late '90s when people kept trying to chase the success of Pulp Fiction with similar multi-character crime sagas populated with hip actors strutting around.
This. It kind of had a Four Rooms vibe, but more connected. I'd say there's a good 30 minutes that could be cut out in the first half and nothing would be lost.
Just cut them up like regular chickens