Re: Blade Runner prequel/sequel

Yeah, I'm a little bummed this didn't catch on with audiences. I'm afraid it'll be gone by the time I have a week off from work at the end of the month.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

finally got to see this yesterday. sadly, not in IMAX anymore (thanks, Geostorm). i figured there'd be no one in the theater, but it was probably 60% full.

i really loved this film. wasn't a complete exercise in fan service (the polar opposite of the force awakens), didn't shove the "hey look how awesome my dystopian city design is" down your throat - it was just there (but it was awesome), didn't try to shove too much into the film (even at 2:45 or whatever it is), and didn't try to give us a "modern" pace. the film was allowed to breathe and be its own animal. and for me it was hugely effective. i left with several questions and wanting to see it again, which is exactly what i want from a sci-fi piece, let alone a sequel to one of the staples of the genre.
was really surprised deckard lived. i thought for sure he'd be killed in this. i mean, the way it ended clearly left it open for another one if they chose to do it, but no way harrison is up for that. so it felt weird not killing him and leaving gosling to die on the steps. but, i could see revolving another one around leto's character quite easily. everyone else in this film is dead, even "joe"'s hologram girlfriend.

The box office means this is probably all the Blade Runner we're going to get, but yeah, I'd say from a story perspective there's plenty of room for a follow-up.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

watched again yesterday now that it's out. what a film. didn't play as great at home, simply because the visuals on the big screen were so awe-inspiring. also, credits/location tags were impossible to read unless you really focused. at least for me. small worked on the big screen, was pretty tough at home. and i have a 55" screen.

I just got a 75" 4K Sony TV with points from my Sony credit card, and next I'm saving up points for a 4K blu-ray player to go with it. I'll definitely be buying this movie in 4K and looking forward to watching it on the new TV. It's still at the dollar theater by my house too, and I'm hoping to see it in the theater again before it's gone.

Sigh. I miss dollar theaters. Of course, they've been made obsolete by this environment in which everything hits digital/Blu in 2-3 months.

big d note wrote:I just got a 75" 4K Sony TV with points from my Sony credit card, and next I'm saving up points for a 4K blu-ray player to go with it. I'll definitely be buying this movie in 4K and looking forward to watching it on the new TV. It's still at the dollar theater by my house too, and I'm hoping to see it in the theater again before it's gone.
i'm coming to your house next time i'm in denver. :)

Wasn't bad. They were definitely fishing for a franchise though.
Ford might return (it's Star Wars he's had enough of) and as a replicant it wouldn't be hard to resurrect Gosling, although more likely I guess they'd just have shifted focus onto Ford and his daughter vs. Leto.
Not going to happen, which leaves too much hanging for my liking but there we go.