Black Mirror

i don't know how there isn't a thread on this here. i know i'm late to the party, but i just finished all of them a few days ago. what an amazing show. so, so good. really only one episode i think that didn't do much for me, but overall all of them were intriguing, thought-provoking and/or moving. what an amazing show. i know it's a small sample, with the first couple "seasons" only having a handful of episodes, but if like me you haven't bothered with this show yet, do. it's incredible sci-fi.

so, what was everyone's favorite episode?

Re: Black Mirror

Haven't been able to see it since it moved to Netflix, but Fifteen Million Merits from season 1 was fantastic. If you like Brooker, also check out his breakthrough Nathan Barley (from way back in 2005!).

that was great for sure. The Entire History Of You was really up there for me. going through the list, a lot of 1a/1b situations. hard to put one above another, so many good ones. white xmas, white bear, play test, men against fire, san junipero, hated in the nation... see, i'm just listing them all at this point.

looks like december 29th is the premier of S4, which is only SIX GODDAMN EPISODES.

if you want, here's a review - i didn't read the individual episode comments, just the intro: http://www.slashfilm.com/black-mirror-season-4-review/

to knock it because it's "bleak" or "too punishing" tells me you really don't get the point of the show. that is its strength. also, i completely disagree with the comment that all the previous seasons episodes blend together. this reviewer is nuts.

fuck i loved this season. Loch Henry and Mazey Day were highlights. excellent season, really bummed it's only 5 episodes. and that we probably have to wait years for more. not a bad episode in the bunch this time.