Annihilation

[youtube][/youtube]
Based on Jeff VanderMeer’s best-selling Southern Reach Trilogy, Annihilation stars Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Gina Rodriguez, Tessa Thompson, Tuva Novotny and Oscar Isaac. It was written and directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, 28 Days Later)

Re: Annihilation

Sounded cool back when it was announced, apparently a (none too wise) team is sent into a zone where nothing has come out alive.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: Annihilation

I loved it too, saw it twice in the theater and bought it when it came out. It is clear that Garland read the book, liked a few elements but scrapped most of it and made his own thing--which I'm glad for, I think the film's quite a bit better than the first book (apparently Garland only read the first one, which is the route I'm going too). One of Portman's better performances, and the evolution both literally and figuratively between her and Isaac is really cool.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."