Re: great intarweb videos

Yeah, hadn't seen it either, was really cringing at the illegal Pepsi©™ hand-off at the end. Perhaps in-house ad media wasn't such a good move for them... y'know, aside from it being utterly uninspired, bland cookie-cutter shit.

toot toot, time for the pepsi kool-aid

i watched that last night. i like his interpretation better. would have liked to see the offscreen action.

but in reality, i have no problem with this commercial. i mean, it's just as stupid, vapid, patronizing, and ridiculous as any other commercial. i don't see why the big hype over it, and certainly don't see why pepsi killed it. but if the pull caused someone in marketing to kill themselves, we're ahead as a species.

I'm pretty sure what happened here is, after all the politically tinged ads at the Super Bowl, someone at Pepsi (or their ad agency) said "We've got to do that too!" But they didn't really have an idea to start with or how to do it somewhat tastefully. Unlike the Super Bowl ads which focused on a message and then maybe had their logo at the end, they were clueless how to execute it. They made the whole message around their product instead. It'd be like if Nike decided to do a pro immigration ad showing some Mexicans trying to outrun the border patrol and only succeeding after they put on some Nike sneakers.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

_Marcus_ wrote:
darkness wrote:It'd be like if Nike decided to do a pro immigration ad showing some Mexicans trying to outrun the border patrol and only succeeding after they put on some Nike sneakers.
This ^
well, they do make you feel like you can run faster, so...