Re: Ø Celebrity Death Pool

TC wrote:10.5 - Jan Michael Vincent.
I thought sure he was dead already until I looked it up. Good call.
1. Dusty Hill - keeping the theme of legendary musicians dying going.
Any reason for Dusty over Billy or Frank? It's been a long time since Dusty shot himself after all.
3. Hillary Clinton - betting her health scares were no joke
You and Fox news.
10. Harrison Ford - he's finally done with star wars.
Star Wars revisited - check. Blade Runner revisited - check. Indiana Jones revisited - check (though they claim another one is coming in 2019). Looks like the Ford greatest hits tour is over, unless they want to try to trot him out for another Jack Ryan film. So yeah, probably.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Looks like I won the pool for 2017 with:
Malcolm Young, Hugh Hefner and Charles Manson. Props to O-Dot for calling Glen Campbell

For 2018 my list is:
1. Kirk Douglas - He's 101, so I think this one is a given.
2. Olivia de Havilland - See Kirk Douglas
3. John McCain - If the Brain cancer doesn't get him, Trump will.
4. Stan Lee - He's up there, has health problems, and his longtime wife died a few months. Couples married that long tend to go close together.
5. Eddie Vedder - Last of the grunge icons left standing. I can only assume he's equally fucked in the head as the others.
6. Ronnie Wood - Lung cancer and he refused chemo, which rarely works as it is.
7. Bob Newhart - The last few times I've seen him he hasn't been looking too good.
8. Paul McCartney - It's been a while since we lost a Beatle, and the universe seems to be taking them from most talented to least. Sorry Paul.
9. Jimmy Page - He looks like the Crypt Keeper now, and he's my nom for '70s rock icon that we seem to be losing at least one a year of lately.
10. George H. W. Bush - If his health problems don't kill him, the next woman he tries to play grabass with will.

i think 9 of those are absolutely going to die this year. you will win with that list. i didn't get one last year, so my wacky predictions aren't a good strategy for this game. i think picks should be weighted with age. like, a pick is worth however many years away from 100 they are. one young pick from my list could still beat a few old picks from your list, etc. maybe also put a limit of one politician on the list to keep it interesting. but, then again, we're not doing this for money (yet) so do you!

since i tend to be ahead of my time, i'll keep a few from last year's list on this year's list:
1. Jimmy Carter
2. Willie Nelson
3. Tommy Chong
4. Phil Margera
5. Bob Newhart
6. Norman Lear
7. Stan Lee
8. Kristen Stewart
9. Hulk Hogan
10. Arte Lange

Some of these are wild guesses, some a little more grounded:

1. Tony Iommi
2. Burt Reynolds
3. Billy Graham
4. Ginger Baker
5. Eric Clapton
6. Robert Mugabe
7. Harvey Weinstein
8. Bill Clinton
9. Oliver Stone
10. Liza Minnelli
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

All good lists. Though I feel like Jimmy Carter is some sort of crazy immortal being who gains years to his life every time does a good deed. He may be the only thing holding the chaos back.
I suppose if we wanted to really make this difficult we could limit it to one over 50 list and one under 50 list. At least for a couple of more years till we start hitting 50 ourselves, then we'll change it to the over and under 60 list in a bid to deny we're getting old.

darkness wrote:All good lists. Though I feel like Jimmy Carter is some sort of crazy immortal being who gains years to his life every time does a good deed. He may be the only thing holding the chaos back.
I suppose if we wanted to really make this difficult we could limit it to one over 50 list and one under 50 list. At least for a couple of more years till we start hitting 50 ourselves, then we'll change it to the over and under 60 list in a bid to deny we're getting old.
I'm a hundred percent in favor of doing whatever it takes to make me appear younger or at least trick me into feeling it. Please. Something.