The OA [Netflix]

[youtube][/youtube]
From Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij, the visionary filmmakers behind Sound of My Voice and The East, comes a powerful, mind-bending tale about identity, human connection and the borders between life and death. The Netflix original series The OA is an odyssey in eight chapters produced in partnership with Plan B Entertainment, Netflix and Anonymous Content. The groundbreaking series offers audiences a singular experience that upends notions about what long-format stories can be.
i'm in.

Re: The OA [Netflix]

I started this late on Friday but fell asleep, not that that was an indictment of the show, just tired.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

talk about a fantastic setup that completely whiffed the landing. that last episode felt like a cop out, like they really had no idea where to go with what they set up so they backed away from it. really too bad. but overall, still well worth a watch, just kind of infuriating. don't see how it gets another season, it's a point in time miniseries. again, do watch it, but be prepared to be let down in the end.

appears i was wrong.

[youtube][/youtube]
Kingsley Ben-Adir plays a major new character named Karim Washington, a boat-dwelling private detective tasked with finding a young woman, Michelle Vu, who had been playing an online game. His path crosses with OA, as they try to solve the mystery of Michelle’s whereabouts and a house on Nob Hill connected to the disappearance of several teenagers.
i'm sure it will be equally enraging.