Re: Supergirl

I got to meet the screenwriter of the old Supergirl movie recently for work and had dinner with him and his wife. It was very interesting. Somehow the conversation veered to a discussion of when he used to buy meth in the 80s from a PhD friend doing research on rats who always had a jar of pills. And he would stay up and write a whole script in 2 days. That might explain the quality of some of the movies he wrote in that timeframe.

Re: Legends Of Tomorrow

Alexhead wrote:Alias was great for three seasons. Four and five were pretty thin, though.
I kind of lost interest after season two. When they took away SD-6 it all went downhill.
TC wrote:nice. at least they got the right person front & center.
Agreed.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

I'll bet you'd like it more if you watched it again, S2 ends on a great cliffhanger and lands her in a shit show of a scenario for S3, and even though you fucking KNOW the new chick is bad news, they make you wait for a long ass time to confirm it. Good fun as I recall it. Also, Isabella Rossellini. So, Game Set Match.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:I'll bet you'd like it more if you watched it again, S2 ends on a great cliffhanger and lands her in a shit show of a scenario for S3, and even though you fucking KNOW the new chick is bad news, they make you wait for a long ass time to confirm it. Good fun as I recall it. Also, Isabella Rossellini. So, Game Set Match.
Maybe. I don't know though. I didn't watch it as it aired, I bought the dvds each season and binge watched a season at a time (granted a year apart for each since I watched as they released them). I kind of remember thinking even Rossellini couldn't save things by that point. I suppose I'll re-visit it some day, but there are so many things I haven't watched yet that I need to start so it's not high on the priority list.

They definitely lost some effects budget money in the change of networks. Both cgi and the Martian Manhunter's makeup look a bit silly at times. The new Superman is kind of weak and goofy, but he makes a good Clark Kent. It feels like a lot of the characters have been toned down a bit from last season, especially Martian Manhunter. I guess they're trying to match the lighter tone of The Flash.

darkness wrote:I guess they're trying to match the lighter tone of The Flash.
yeah, that last episode where he was begging someone to kill his mother again was hilarious. ;)

TC wrote:yeah, that last episode where he was begging someone to kill his mother again was hilarious. ;)
Lol, okay the usual lighter tone of the flash.

darkness wrote:
Alexhead wrote:I'll bet you'd like it more if you watched it again, S2 ends on a great cliffhanger and lands her in a shit show of a scenario for S3, and even though you fucking KNOW the new chick is bad news, they make you wait for a long ass time to confirm it. Good fun as I recall it. Also, Isabella Rossellini. So, Game Set Match.
Maybe. I don't know though. I didn't watch it as it aired, I bought the dvds each season and binge watched a season at a time (granted a year apart for each since I watched as they released them). I kind of remember thinking even Rossellini couldn't save things by that point. I suppose I'll re-visit it some day, but there are so many things I haven't watched yet that I need to start so it's not high on the priority list.
Yeah, we are getting to supersaturation on t.v. anymore.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

darkness wrote:Nazi's trying to replicate a super serum stolen from the allies. I feel like I've heard this somewhere before...
haven't started this season yet, but that's pretty funny. did the main baddie have rosacea and/or red hair?

Re: Arrow [CW]

didn't watch last night's yet, but watched the other three. so far this season blows. bunch of fucking kids that he immediately trusts and reveals his identity, the location of the lair (?), everything. oh, and one of them has magic rags? and diggle's in the pen. cool that the dude from the walking dead is on here, but in a really boring role for a big baddie of the season. i guess we'll always have the first four seasons.

Yeah, I haven't been that excited about it really. Plus, it's getting harder to believe all the stuff he went through in the five years he was missing. I kind of wish they'd drop the flashback plots finally so they wouldn't have to keep straining to tie things in to the past.

darkness wrote:Yeah, I haven't been that excited about it really. Plus, it's getting harder to believe all the stuff he went through in the five years he was missing. I kind of wish they'd drop the flashback plots finally so they wouldn't have to keep straining to tie things in to the past.
exactly. they don't "have" to, they choose to. talk about a story tool that has become a crutch, starting with at least last season.