Re: The Flash [TV] [201x]

i watch them two at a time, so i haven't seen last week's or last night's yet, but a pretty strong season so far for both arrow & flash. haven't seen "legends" yet, and didn't watch supergirl (too much on my plate, obviously). i heard tom welling was rumored to be showing up though - that would be interesting.

Supergirl started out clunky but got better, especially now that they have Martian Manhunter in the fold as well. The Welling rumor got started because someone asked him if he'd like to do it and he said he would, but also that no one has ever asked him. And thus clickbait was born.
Legends is kind of meh. Not awful, but I think they're still finding their way. They have too many characters and haven't figured out how to use an ensemble well yet. But Caity Lotz is hot as always so I'll stick with it.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Re: Supergirl

darkness wrote:Holy shit, this show really came into it's own tonight. Better than the other DC shows have been lately.
really? goddamnit, i seriously don't have time for this. haven't watched it at all. too many other things.

Yeah, I've been pleasantly surprised. It was a little clunky early on but lately they seem to have really hit their stride lately. The one thing you do have to get past though is the fact that in about 75% of the situations they'd be solved a lot easier if someone just called Superman.

Re: Arrow [CW]

got caught up on this over the weekend. holy shit did not see
laurel's death
coming. still not convinced it's real. great move, if so. i remember
how many years i begged and begged for lana to be killed violently on smallville. laurel was a lot less annoying, but this would be a huge thing to deal with and would change the complexion of the show. really shitty of felicity to bail on the relationship for the reason she did. just dumb. one of the team dying is a lot more realistic.

got caught up on this over the weekend.
did not see jay being zoom coming. i thought maybe jay was the other guy in the cage, but damn. so following that logic, zoom is faster because of the compound caitlin developed for jay to use on this earth. jay was brought here through the wormhole thing. so, barry actually created zoom? the whole thing is kind of BTTF style brain melting.

Re: Arrow [CW]

Surprising too, as
I thought it's her father they'd kill off. I didn't see them killing off Black Canary, an actual major DC universe character. Not that we haven't seen that others can't take her place. Still, it leaves a major hole in the Green Arrow world unless they bring her back to life down the road.
The Felicity/Oliver relationship always seemed forced to me. It just kind of came out of nowhere after he was over the Lance sisters. As if a writer said, "Okay, what female on the show is left that we haven't hooked him up with?" I actually think the way that went makes sense. Felicity is a major CEO now has a lot more power and has come a long way from the old days of the quiet computer geek fawning over Oliver. She's grown and seems to want more. Or is just being a bitch, one of the two. :)

Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense really, since
we've seen them in the same place at the same time. And we saw Zoom kill Jay.
There has to be some serious Doctor Who level timey whimey stuff going on.

WTF Supergirl? All that build up this season with such a lame resolution. On multiple fronts. The writers might as well have just said "Poochie died on his way back to his home planet" for all the effort they put into it. Still Martian Manhunter did straight up rip a person in half, which is pretty bad-ass for network television.

I've got to say, tonight's episode was really good, even if it was kind of a rip off of the last episode of Quantum Leap. Who knew Kevin Smith could still direct things that don't suck? Though I'm sure the writers are more responsible for that than him.
Oops, Barry's father made the mistake of saying the "I'm not going anywhere" line. He might as well have just said he had a day left until retirement.

I see they're setting things up for Flashpoint next season with the end of this one. Too bad we won't get to see psycho Thomas Wayne Batman and Martha Wayne Joker since they probably aren't allowed to use characters also featured in movies (except Flash). But with Supergirl moving to CW maybe we'll get her playing the Kal-El role.

wrapped up the season. it was all going along pretty well, then that fucking epilogue ending - what the fuck was that?
so we're supposed to believe that barry suddenly got stupid and did what he did, knowing that he would then a) never become the flash, b) never be with iris/joe, c) never meet any of the people he's with, etc.? so fucking stupid, especially after he finally "came to terms with" his mother's death. the worst possible ending that they are going to have to get out of next season. i'll bet $5 that they spend all of 5 minutes wriggling around it then move on. also, i saw his dad being behind that mask miles away, but still pretty cool.

I think the loss of his father is what undid his coming to terms with the death of this mother. Though it is odd he keeps having a hard on for parents who hardly raised him or not at all, but doesn't give much thought to the one who did.
At the end of the day Flashpoint was probably too big an event in the DC comic universe and specifically the Flash for them to ignore I guess. But as I said above, if they can't use the heavy hitters it's going to be kind of weak. My guess is this is part of the big four show crossover they are teasing for the fall.

Re: Legends Of Tomorrow

well, since we finished arrow and the flash's seasons, my son and i started watching this. we plowed through the 16 episodes in about two weeks. i was pleasantly surprised! i mean, there are serious issues with the "science" among other things, but it's a time travel show, so i expect that shit to happen. some pretty ridiculous things they can and can't do, then do do, that are obviously just to get to a plot point. that aside, this was a pretty enjoyable show. it's very hard for me to write that, considering routh is in it, but then again so is caity lotz. i really don't understand why snart has to speak the way he does. it's infuriating the way he drags out the last syllable of every sentennnnnnnnnnnnnce. by the end of the season, rory was talking that way to, mixed with batman. but i guess they really did kill snart? (i'm not putting spoilers in this thread, i think me and mike are the only ones that might watch this here, and he's usually way ahead of me). that's too bad, he was probably the most interesting and flexible character on the show. his "chaotic neutral" was a nice balance. the ending was pretty rushed and weird. don't know who that guy was, but he drops the "justice society of america" bomb. is this a CW JLA? i mean, i guess with supergirl they already have the possibility of superman, but a real JLA would open the possibility of batman, too. at any rate, i assume these guys will have to fix the insanity barry created on the flash next season, so there will be some crazy cross-overs. also, pretty funny that captain lance seems to take this time travel insanity in stride. oh, i loved the "future arrow" episode! that was really cool. anyway, this is fun pulp trash if you are interested. it's really more of a science fiction show than anything else.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by the series. I don't think we'll ever see the Justice League, probably just the Society. I suspect the WB suits won't let them use Batman due to both the movies and that stupid Gotham show. Though I'm curious how they're going to spin Flashpoint on the Flash without a Batman, since Thomas Wayne is central to the story. They have cast someone to play Superman next season on Supergirl. I guess after the lukewarm response of BvS they decided they didn't really give a shit about Supes anymore. I'll chuckle if Brandon Routh runs into him in a crossover.
Yeah, the finale was definitely rushed. Snart will be back, they signed him to a multi-show deal for next year where he can pop up on any of the DC TVverse shows. Supergirl takes place on Earth 2 where everyone has a double after all, plus with Legends, time travel...

TC wrote:
darkness wrote:Supergirl takes place on Earth 2...
i did not know this. i anxiously await snart's vocal fry.
It wasn't really mentioned clearly on Flash, but in the episode where he was using the tachyon device to increase his speed, while he was testing it you see a wormhole open up in front of him as he's running, then he exits it on the other side a few seconds later. In that time between entering and exiting he wound up on CBS with Supergirl. It was odd though that he didn't stop and say anything to Cisco or Caitlin like "hey, I just wound up in another universe with this alien girl who could fly."
I think they initially did the Earth 2 thing to get around the whole why isn't there a Superman stopping nukes going off on Arrow or trying to stop the giant black hole over Central City questions.