Re: Ø Celebrity Death Pool, 2015 edition.

so fucking tragic. i'm very sad but more furious than anything. i'm with lavin - he could have called anyone. he had hundreds of thousands of fans that would have tried to help. i would have certainly talked to him for hours if i could have. he's got two daughters - i'll never forget the images of him and his daughters at the x-games, when he'd go over and hold them after his runs. what gives him the right to take the easy way out? he was an absolute legend and his name was on one of my favorite games that i played for endless hours with MY kids.

him & giraldo needed a fucking punch in the face. goddammit.

He's 85, seems to stay out of the spotlight ever since retiring. Could go anytime, one supposes. Might also apply to other similarly retired actors like Gene Wilder and Gene Hackman.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

TC wrote:i just looked - guess i was wrong. i could have sworn wilder died year ago. hey, good news for me!
Maybe you're thinking of his wife Gilda Radner, who did die a good while back.

I'm making a revised list since one of mine did die and I think a few others need revision:
1. Harlan Ellison - this one pains me. He's my favorite author. But he's had a stroke and a heart attack. He hasn't looked too good in the last few pictures I've seen. My gut tells me sadly this is his last year.
2. Yoko Ono - The two most talented Beatles are dead, yet she lives. The universe must balance the scales soon less it implode.
3. Zsa Zsa Gabor - Come on, she's almost 100.
4. Malcolm Young - Dementia that young is never a good sing for a long life. Plus this year death has been a bitch to musicians.
5. Kirk Douglas - See Zsa Zsa Gabor
6. Muhammad Ali - A lot of health problems plus being up there in years don't bode well.
7. Suge Knight - He's never been all that healthy and after being quiet for a few years people are trying to kill him again.
8. Morrissey - Multiple cancer treatments and other health problems don't make the outlook good for him.
9. Valerie Harper - Another terminal cancer victim.
10. Stephen Hawking - His health has gotten so bad he has almost no motor function left and has to be on a respirator often. Assuming he hasn't figured out a way to transfer his brain into a computer yet, he's probably a goner soon.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Hadn't looked at this in awhile. Apparently TC killed Wilder. Please don't declare anyone else dead ahead of their time again.
I got Muhammad Ali and Zsa Zsa Gabor on my list for 2016. Two points me. Odd that with all the other deaths none of the other expected ones managed to hit. Seems death was more into fucking with likable celebs instead of finally putting Jerry Lewis out of all our miseries. Anyway, here's my dead pool list for 2017:

1. Harlan Ellison -Same as last year. I hope I'm wrong, but his health problems are so numerous and he's getting up there.
2. Suge Knight - He keeps hanging on, but I still think his health will give out and all the times he's been shot will finally catch up with him.
3. Malcolm Young - Part of me feels like I should just cast a collective entry for all of AC/DC (and that includes Axl), since they all appear to be in ill health now. But I'll stick with Young for the win.
4. Kirk Douglas - Almost 100. Enough said.
5. Hugh Hefner - also no spring chicken.
6. Richard Simmons - Reclusive behavior and a health scare.
7. Charles Manson - Does he count as a celebrity? He was on Geraldo so I say yes.
8. Lil Wayne - chronic illness and too hard partying
9. Regis Philbin - He seems to have aged 30 years in the past five. Plus I'm pretty sure Kelly Ripa put a witch's hex on him.
10. Mike Dunn - Okay, I'm not a celebrity, but I've got a feeling it's about time. Someone please remember to look in this thread in 2018 and point out I was right if such is the case. I want full credit.

darkness wrote:10. Mike Dunn
*buzzer sounds* Nope! We're going to have you to kick around for years to come. ;)

I get a point for calling Fidel, who was on death's door for a solid decade. (Excluding all the assassination attempts, of course.)

My list follows. I took out some of the celebs who seem to have a death wish (e.g., Tara Reid, Amanda Bynes), and mostly focused on geezers, many of whom are in shitty health.

1. H.W. Bush — If it’s not old age, it’ll be the shock of witnessing the end of America.
2. Olivia de Havilland — I had to double-check to make sure she was in fact still with us.
3. John Goodman — See my past comments; I'm worried about him.
4. Donald Trump — He’s 70, he’s overweight, he eats nothing but shitty food, and he’s about to take on the most stressful job in the world. Do the math.
5. Glen Campbell — Pretty obvious.
6. Shannen Doherty — My wife suggested this one.
7. Aretha Franklin — See Glen Campbell.
8. Eric Clapton — See Glenn Campbell.
9. Jimmy Carter — See Poppy Bush.
10. Tony Iommi — Sadly, I think he'll go before Ginger Baker or Bill Ward.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:4. Donald Trump — He’s 70, he’s overweight, he eats nothing but shitty food, and he’s about to take on the most stressful job in the world. Do the math.
I think he's going to leave most of the heavy lifting and actual work to Pence and his people, much the way he does with his businesses. Trump will just be a figurehead tweeting nonsense at 3 in the morning and holding rallies for adoring worshipers.
O-dot wrote:Shannen Doherty — My wife suggested this one.
She almost made my list. But it seems like her chemo is almost over and she's doing well, so I'll give her another year.
O-dot wrote:Jimmy Carter — See Poppy Bush.
Carter is immortal, karma keeps him alive. He'll be building a house for the poor out in the middle of nowhere when he's 100.

I think it's a fair bet that Trump won't make it four years. If it's not a heart attack, it'll be Pence and Ryan engineering a coup via the 25th Amendment.

As for Carter, he had a pretty nasty cancer scare in 2015, so given that and his advancing years I'm positive he has very little time left.

O-dot wrote:I think it's a fair bet that Trump won't make it four years. If it's not a heart attack, it'll be Pence and Ryan engineering a coup via the 25th Amendment.
I don't even think coup. More likely Trump will just quit once he realizes all the work he has to do. But I still think figurehead President is more likely. You're going to see a lot of Pence and Trumps cabinet doing meetings and other things that normally the President would have done.

Re: Ø Celebrity Death Pool

1. Dusty Hill - keeping the theme of legendary musicians dying going.
2. Jimmy Carter - yeah, safe bet.
3. Hillary Clinton - betting her health scares were no joke
4. Nick Barker - a life of excess takes another victim.
5. Kevin Farley - he can't take it anymore.
6. Willie Nelson - see #1
7. Tommy Chong - no, cannabis does not cure your cancer.
8. Phil Margera - he can't be any healthier now than he was.
9. Bruce Willis - freak accident claims action star
10. Harrison Ford - he's finally done with star wars.