Re: Fargo [TV]

I plowed through the first season over the past couple of weeks. I liked it, even found it gripping at times (e.g., Freeman fleeing Vegas, constantly looking over his shoulder for BBT) but then... the show weirdly leaves next to no aftertaste. The creators' prime focus seemed to be capturing the look of the movie (if not the Coens' fine use of dialogue) and stacking the episodes with not-so-subtle callbacks to said film. It's a textbook shaggy dog story. It's got nothing on True Detective.

Season 2 sounds promising, especially if they can get past all the homages to the original movie.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

file this under "most hilarious thing i've heard this week":
DH wrote:Bruce Campbell To Play Reagan In "Fargo"

Beloved "Evil Dead" and "Burn Notice" actor Bruce Campbell is set to guest star as Ronald Reagan for a one-episode appearance on the second season of FX's acclaimed anthology series "Fargo".

Set in the late 1970s, the story takes place during Reagan's first campaign for President, during which he does a trip through Fargo and some of the season's key characters have some interactions with him. Some of his movies are also a part of the show.

Campbell has been involved with "Fargo" before, playing a bit role as an actor in a soap opera which Steve Buscemi and Peter Stormare's characters watch in the original 1996 Coen brothers movie.

Production on the ten episode second season is currently underway in Calgary ahead of a premiere in the Fall.
LOL. yeah, i always remember reagan as having a chin that could kill.

got caught up on this show over the weekend - just awesome show. i think i like this season better than the last.

one thing though -
i don't understand where they are going with the "alien" angle. rye saw them in the first episode before getting run over, one of the kitchen bros was reading "UFO" magazine when he came out of the bathroom, the guy at the gas station line talking about it... wtf does this have to do with anything?

I wonder if we are going to get any explanation for that whatsoever.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

i guess it was just a comment on how a true 3rd-party observing our behavior down here must look ridiculous and that "higher power" role that the coens tend to allude to in their films.
just wrapped up this season. i didn't think it could be better than last season, but this season was. made last season look quirky. fantastic show, amazing cast, and
i LOVE how this ties to the first season - did NOT see that coming at all. really cool. and since that season ties to the film, i guess we could watch them all in reverse order and see it all happen? neat.
wonder what next season will be? give these guys all the money. oh, and bruce campbell as reagan must've been the lynchpin!

Stunning finale, great callbacks to No Country, and the fucking Raising Arizona bit at the beginning just knocked me to the floor. Brilliant, sad inversion.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."