Re: Arrow [CW]

TC wrote:but i find that very hard to believe.
Last episode she was in frumpy pants suits. I think they're trying to sex Laurel up and her down for some reason.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Supergirl

Doesn't look too bad. I confess I've always had a soft spot for the character, especially the Peter David written Linda Danvers one (brief as she lasted). But Kara Zor-El gets all the press as usual.
[youtube][/youtube]

Re: Supergirl

TC wrote:i just know CBS will fuck this up.
Major networks and comic heroes don't have a good track record. Either they'll fuck up the show and make it awful or cancel it early if it's good.

Variety wrote:CBS ‘Supergirl’ Pilot Leaks to Piracy Sites

High-quality copies of the pilot for CBS drama “Supergirl” — which isn’t set to air on the Eye until November — apparently leaked onto file-sharing pirate sites early Friday.

The episode is available in up to 1080p HD format and does not contain any evident watermarks, according to piracy-tracking firm Excipio.

The first copies appeared shortly before 3 a.m. ET Friday, according to the firm. As of about 9:30 a.m. ET, the “Supergirl” pilot had been downloaded more than 120,000 times worldwide, per Excipio.

CBS declined to comment.

“Supergirl” is slated to anchor CBS’s lineup on Monday nights for the 2015-16 season. The series stars Melissa Benoist (“Glee,” “Whiplash”) in the title role.

CBS touted “Supergirl” as one of its top new shows at its upfront presentation last week in New York City. The official first-look trailer on YouTube has already been viewed about 11 million times since it was posted May 13.

It’s rare for a pilot for a new TV show to leak out onto piracy sites — especially so far in advance of the premiere date. On the one hand, the early leak of “Supergirl” could put a damper on initial ratings. However, it could also serve to drive audience to the show and build buzz leading up to the fall season. TV networks have released pilots in advance of show debuts as a marketing tool but never this far in advance.
oopsies. didn't this also happen with wonder woman? they have to be doing this on purpose at this point, trying to gauge interest & get feedback with the largest focus group possible.

I'll admit, I got bored about 2 minutes into the trailer. I just don't have much interest in DC properties outside of Batman, it would appear.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:I'll admit, I got bored about 2 minutes into the trailer. I just don't have much interest in DC properties outside of Batman, it would appear.
She fights crime in gogo boots and a miniskirt. What's not to love?

I watched this today. First, if you watched the clip above, you've pretty much seen the pilot, one reveal about her sister aside. Second, and I'm assuming this is just a pilot thing, but they need to just not mention Superman. Because the lack of him actually appearing, kind of makes him a dick who isn't concerned enough about his cousin to be bothered talking to her directly. These are two people who can fly faster than a speeding bullet, you'd think they could just meet up for a chat rather than having to send another character with a message. And third,
really, we're doing the Kryptonian baddies again? I realize they're an easy fall back as they're one of the few characters who can match a Super person, but how about we let Supergirl interact with humans and human threats a bit first to get her sealegs. Even the original Superman films waited until film two to throw phantom zone criminals out there. And the fact that they are apparently running around Earth unchecked without just seizing power is a big far fetched.
. And fourth
the whole bureau of alien threats or whatever the fuck it's called seems to be pretty fucking unrealistically powerful as they capture one Kryptonian and subsue another just in the pilot alone. What do we need Superman and Supergirl around for again? I'm sorry, I don't want to watch Supergirl being sent on missions by some shadowy government run organization. She should be out kicking ass on her own. Your name is in the title of the show, own it.

Oh I'm sure Henry Cavill will be showing up 3-5 times a season, they're all about that smoothly interconnected universe stuff over in DC land :-\ As previously planned, I will skip this.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

hahahaha, i just found out that vartox is going to be on this show. that was basically DC's complete zed (connery's character from Zardoz) ripoff, right down to the outfit. hahaha, zed on TV. this should be amusing.

TC wrote:hahahaha, i just found out that vartox is going to be on this show. that was basically DC's complete zed (connery's character from Zardoz) ripoff, right down to the outfit. hahaha, zed on TV. this should be amusing.
I wonder if they're going to have him try to knock up Supergirl like his arc with Power Girl. I hope they at least give him pants.

Re: Arrow [CW]

finally finished the season. the first 20 minutes of that finale were fucking incredible, balls-out, best of the season. overall, the storyline and way it was handled were satisfying. there were plot holes of course but it was good, looking forward to what happens now. i was concerned about the flash co-existing with arrow and the cross-overs, but it was all handled very well, for the most part. really, the existence of "goody-goody" flash allowed arrow to go full dark and benefited both shows. miles better than smallville ever was.

Re: The Flash [TV] [201x]

finished this season finally - took twice as long as i had to also catch up on arrow and i was watching them in order to preserve the cross-overs. the show really found its footing in the back half. the time travel was handled well, the multiverse aspects were interesting. each character fell into their role very well. the hat from the '50's flash showing up through the wormhole at the end was a nice touch, as was future flash telling present flash "no no" when he finally did arrive at his mother's murder scene. very interested to see where this goes. oh, and firestorm was done very nicely as well, as nervous as i was about his appearance. a zillion times better than the previous incarnation attempt and the proximity to starling city is awesome.

TC wrote: as was future flash telling present flash "no no" when he finally did arrive at his mother's murder scene.
It was a cool nod to Flashpoint, which makes me wonder if they're going to go anymore with that at some point.

darkness wrote:
TC wrote: as was future flash telling present flash "no no" when he finally did arrive at his mother's murder scene.
It was a cool nod to Flashpoint, which makes me wonder if they're going to go anymore with that at some point.
i don't know anything about it. TL;DR?

TC wrote:
darkness wrote:It was a cool nod to Flashpoint, which makes me wonder if they're going to go anymore with that at some point.
i don't know anything about it. TL;DR?
Lol. Flashpoint was the story that set up the latest DC New 52 reboot of their universe. Barry went back in time to save his mother, which altered the timeline so badly that Thomas Wayne was alive and Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman were at war with either other destroying most of the human world in the process, Superman has been captured as a child by the government when he landed and imprisoned, and other changes. At the end (spoilers) he went back in time to prevent himself from altering the timeline, with a scene with his dying mother pretty similar to what the series did. Though in this case it created yet another new timeline, mostly the same as the original but slightly altered so DC could reboot again. Don't worry about it being too long to read, they did a pretty good DC Animated adaptation of it so you can knock it out in under 80 minutes. :)

TC wrote:there's a timeline where thomas wayne is alive but batman still exists?
Thomas Wayne is Batman, but without the moral center. Bruce was the one who was killed instead, driving Thomas to take violent revenge on criminals. He killed most of the rouges gallery and ended up running the gambling empire of Gotham. Before Barry goes back, Thomas gives him a letter to give to Bruce once the timeline is restored.