Re: Amazing Spider-Man mega thread

Secret Wars 2 is what got me into comics. I still have the whole thing (including every single crossover issue). I think people put it down more than it deserves. Secret Wars 1 on the other hand doesn't hold up as well. I bought the trade paperback a while back to revisit it and couldn't figure out what I ever saw in it. But I had all the toys. :) I was never a fan of Crisis on Infinite Earths since the only DC I read as a kid was Star Trek. But I do have the issue where Supergirl dies still bagged and boarded that I bought back then.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Funny you say that, I loved Secret Wars 2 and didn't like the first one either. And Crisis on Infinite Earths is the ONLY DC title I ever bought front to back, got sucked in by the whole 'event' thing and was a fan of Firestorm at the time (OK I bought a few issues of that too). Probably right on the whole Civil War thing, Mike.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

io9 wrote:Marvel Explains How They're Going To Reboot Spider-Man This Time

Ever since it was announced that Spider-Man would be joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe, everyone's been speculating what this total reboot of the character would look like. Now we know.

While making the rounds during the Avengers: Age of Ultron junket, President of Marvel Studios Kevin Feige confirmed a whole slew of Spider-Man rumors and added a few more details of his own.

First up, the new Spider-Man WILL be a high school-age Peter Parker. Feige confirmed the long held suspicion to Collider, stating that the studio is looking to cast a 15 to 16-year-old hero. Next detail? Spider-Man will NOT have an origin story in this iteration. This is great, because we're full up on Spider-Man origin movies. According to Crave Online (who also spoke with Feige) "[W]e want to reveal it in different ways and spend much more time focusing on this young high school kid in the MCU dealing with his powers.” Feige was also quoted saying, “There is a young kid [already] running around New York City in a homemade version of the Spider-Man costume in the MCU, you just don’t know it yet."

so either no one has seen this or there's nothing worth mentioning? i took the boy to see it yesterday over my objections that i'd rather see apes. he won the argument, mostly because the new apes is not in IMAX at all, inexplicably.

anyway, this was really enjoyable, much to my chagrin. the kid is great, it feels like the right age for spider-man at this time (15), and tony stark's presence wasn't completely contrived. loved the last pre-credits scene too hahaha. the final post-credits scene was perfect. anyway, keaton was great, tomei was great, zendaya was good and is the future MJ. the film felt like it was rooted in more reality than previous spider-mans (spider-men? spiders-man?) in that the villain wasn't some complete lunatic with some over-the-top future science gimmick. he was a thief that found himself in the possession of some future tech, an gun runner that made the best of it. not sure why
when he felt like the FBI and heroes were getting closer, rather than stop for a while or move, his move was to go for the absolute grail
but other than that, there really wasn't much that took me out of this. speaking of which, having gilfoil from silicon valley in this as the club leader was hilarious.

The new Spiderman movie is pretty awesome. This one came out of nowhere for me and I had no idea what it was about, but saw that it was getting great reviews. We took the kids yesterday and all enjoyed it. The animation is wild and inspiring. They did some really cool stuff with it to make it look like you were watching a live comic book. And the story was really cool. Lots of heart and funny moments. Go see it for sure.

Took my daughter to Spider-Verse on Christmas Eve. It was decent, and she liked it. I don't think either of us have given it much thought in the two weeks since.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

I have a few people in my feed bitching about that but the idea that BP and Spidey were dead and never returning is ludicrous, clearly the ones we have to worry about are the original team.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:I have a few people in my feed bitching about that but the idea that BP and Spidey were dead and never returning is ludicrous, clearly the ones we have to worry about are the original team.
I'm talking about the fact that it spoils one of the deaths of the original team.
TC wrote:i thought this was supposed to take place before the events of IW pt1?
Nope. After Endgame.
Just cut them up like regular chickens