Re: Shameless

I didn't think it was too bad, ignored a few characters but it didn't bother me. As far as that ending, I figured he'd turn up again. Gal he's with is Dichen Lachmann, formerly of Whedon's Dollhouse and failed nuclear sub thriller Last Resort.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

absolutely dumb poster, but getting excited for next season.
shameless_ver5_xlg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That is nice, although I have to admit I stopped watching about 3 episodes into the last season. I just don't care anymore. Think the show should probably be over at this point.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

I'll give it another shot in January, my wife likes it so it'll be on.

Sherilyn Fenn is joining the show for at least a few episodes, so I'll watch.

TC wrote:oh wow, awesome. sheryl lee's seinfeld episode was on last night, too. totally unrelated, just on my mind.
Sheryl Lee was on Seinfeld?
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:
TC wrote:oh wow, awesome. sheryl lee's seinfeld episode was on last night, too. totally unrelated, just on my mind.
Sheryl Lee was on Seinfeld?
it's actually kim gillingham but she looks a hell of a lot like sheryl in this one (the photographer's assistant in "the puffy shirt", where george becomes a hand model).

Someone's been snapping selfies...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

a few episodes into this season and it's as stressful as ever. this has to be the most stressful show ever. i think it was 10 minutes into ep1 when i realized how stressed i was just watching this chaos, and it didn't stop. just like previous seasons. i laugh my ass off and stress out. love it. though i will say there doesn't really seem to be any big "plot" idea this season. they're hinting at fiona starting her own business, etc., but it's really just the characters being the characters across the board. fine by me, but they're not going to be any new viewers this way. wouldn't be surprised if this is it.

unrelated, i had to unfollow fenn on twitter. she's found god and has become very preachy for 140 chars.

Heh, I have seen that on her facebook feed as well. I think, sweetie that she is, she's kind of adrift in the universe and looking for an anchor. I didn't even realize Shameless was back, will have to tell the wife.

Haven’t talked about this show in years apparently, even though i’ve been watching. The latest season - the show’s last - is still pretty great. It’s gotten more over the top and a bit unrealistic as the seasons have gone on but still enjoying it. Lots of LOL moments in the most recent episodes as well as sad moments. Writing is great and I’m going to miss it. Hope some of these actors go on to other good things. Keep waiting for them to bring Fiona back for a final time but maybe that isn’t happening.

I don't think Fiona is coming back. But who knows. It'd kind of kill her arc if she did. She escaped. She got free of the curse of the family. I'd hate to see her get pulled back in for any reason.
I still enjoy the show. Hell, they almost...almost actually have me feeling bad for Frank now. But not quite.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:Hell, they almost...almost actually have me feeling bad for Frank now. But not quite.
Yeah, completely get it. And i hear you about Fiona, i’m just saying i could see them doing that. I hope they don’t.

Policeman Carl rules.

Hard to believe there is only one episode left in this show. Tonight it ends forever. I will miss it. Not really anything that could remotely take the place of what has gone on in this show over all these seasons. One of a kind. Hope they stick the landing and don’t pull a St. Elsewhere.