Re: Boardwalk Empire

darkness wrote:
darkness wrote:Not going to read that yet but I'm getting there. Just finished season three, which was just a rehash of season two (Lucky faces challenge for his power, loses everything but prevails in the end.
Nucky, not Lucky. I was asleep when I posted this. No one is lucky in this show.
i dunno, bugsy, (lucky) luciano, lansky all seem pretty goddamn lucky...

Made it to the end of season four finally. This season was much better than three, in they didn't tell the same story over again as the previous season. The show is also much better when it focuses on the side characters and not so much Nucky.
I was sorry to see Richard go. I was rooting for him. Seemed like a decent guy who just kept getting dragged into other people's shit and having to react by killing them. Oh well.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

and now this:
TOH wrote:Mark Wahlberg Wants to Direct a 'Boardwalk Empire' Movie
The actor and "Boardwalk Empire" executive producer says he's working on getting a movie version of the HBO drama made.

While making the rounds to publicize his new film "The Gambler," Mark Wahlberg told New York radio host Ralphie Aversa that his "next goal now is to get the movie made and start talking to Martin Scorsese about directing it."

Wahlberg was an executive producer on HBO's period drama, which starred Steve Buscemi as Prohibition-era Atlantic City kingpin Enoch "Nucky" Thompson and aired its fifth and final season this year. The actor is no stranger to television-to-film reboots -- he produced the upcoming "Entourage" movie with Stephen Levinson and writer/director Doug Ellin -- but "Boardwalk," if the project comes to fruition, would be Wahlberg's directorial debut. In the interview, Wahlberg comments on the end of Nucky by alluding to the possibility of a prequel: "We can always go back."

wrapped a series re-watch last night. yeah there were some lulls (S3 i'm looking at you) and there were some things thrown against the wall that they never got back to (van alden's self-flagellation, etc.) but it was a much more satisfying watch when you were able to binge them, similar to the sopranos. you lose a lot of momentum when there are year-long gaps between seasons, especially in a show with so many characters. still kind of bummed that they jumped ahead so far for S5, as they skipped some historically significant events, and it was a bummer losing AR for S5 as i dug him, but the season-long flashbacks to how it all started were really well done. and well-cast - i mean holy shit does young nucky look and act like buscemi. a really great show. missing something like this now.