Bill & Ted 3

UPI wrote:Reeves: 'Bill & Ted' sequel in the works

Hollywood actor Keanu Reeves says a script is being written for a third installment in his "Bill & Ted" big-screen comedy franchise.

"Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" was released in 1989. A sequel called "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" followed in 1991.

The films starred Reeves and Alex Winter as the titular, time-traveling teen slackers.

Reeves, 46, told MTV News the original film's writers, Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon, have been toiling away on a screenplay for a third movie.

"I believe the writers are six weeks away from a draft," Reeves said Monday. "No pressure, guys!"

MTV News said Reeves talked about the project a bit last September, as well.

"When we last got together, part of it was that Bill and Ted were supposed to have written the song that saved the world, and it hasn't happened," Reeves said. "So they've now become kind of possessed by trying to do that. Then there's an element of time and they have to go back."
oh boy....

Re: Bill & Ted 3

I have to confess I've never seen a Bill and Ted film. So I don't know how to take this news. But Keanu Reeves is usually a sign of bad things to follow.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

this statement sounds like keanu has spent a little too much time in the ol' phonebooth:
DH wrote:Keanu Reeves On "Bill & Ted 3" Delay

Actor Keanu Reeves says that plans for a third "Bill and Ted" movie have stalled, but the reasons for that aren't quite clear. Speaking with MTV, Reeves' explanation is downright confusing:

"It's a long story. There's lots of subterfuge and conspiracy theories. There's a whole thing...I might have to do one of those independent press, conspiracy, other-name kind of [statements] explaining why it hasn't happened yet, because it's pretty dark out there. DeNomolos is everywhere!

There's all sorts of stuff, and it just can't...There's darkness out there that's keeping it from happening. It's not winning right now. It's that part of the story where it's looking grim. It's the dark period! It's the Apocalypse Now of pre-production. Its Heaven's Gate.

That's the part of the conspiracy. It goes to a whole other universe. Its like part of an M field. It's a B&T field."

This is surprising news considering Ed Solomon and Chris Matheson's script for the project was liked, and both Reeves and co-star Alex Winter were keen to get going on the film.
yeah, i bet winter was keen to get going...

BAD wrote:Station! Alex Winter Gives Another Update On BILL & TED 3

The movie's still happening... slowly.

Alex Winter is doing press for Grand Piano (an excellent movie) and of course the questions asked of him eventually turn to Bill & Ted 3, a movie that's been in development seemingly forever. Winter gave Yahoo! a big update, including some intriguing quotes about what to expect in the film:

“[Bill & Ted] will be 40-something and it’s all about Bill and Ted grown up, or not grown up,” Winter tells us. “It’s really sweet and really f—-ing funny.

“But it’s a Bill & Ted movie, that’s what it is. It’s for the fans of Bill & Ted. It fits very neatly in the [series]. It’s not going to feel like a reboot. The conceit is really funny: What if you’re middle-aged, haven’t really grown up and you’re supposed to have saved the world and maybe, just maybe, you kinda haven’t?”

“There’s many versions of ourselves in this movie,” he continues. “[It’s] answering the question: ‘What happened to these guys?’ They’re supposed to have done all this stuff, they weren’t the brightest bulbs on the tree, what happened 20 years later? To answer that question in a comedic way felt rich with possibility.”

Many versions? Will this film feature alternate realities? That feels like an incredibly rich avenue for exploration. I also really like the idea that these guys hit their 40s and all the stuff that was supposed to have happened at the end of Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey... hasn't.

Winter says the film is in the financing stage, and it probably isn't happening anytime soon, although they have a script they quite like. My fingers are crossed that this keeps going - the Bill & Ted films are consistently underrated gems.

darkness wrote:I have to confess I've never seen a Bill and Ted film. So I don't know how to take this news. But Keanu Reeves is usually a sign of bad things to follow.
Eight years later I still haven't seen either of these. But for the sake of those who like these films I hope it's actually a film announcement and not another commercial raping the memories of our youth.

darkness wrote:
darkness wrote:I have to confess I've never seen a Bill and Ted film. So I don't know how to take this news. But Keanu Reeves is usually a sign of bad things to follow.
Eight years later I still haven't seen either of these. But for the sake of those who like these films I hope it's actually a film announcement and not another commercial raping the memories of our youth.
i just discovered last night while celebrating this announcement that my wife has never seen these either. i don't know how that's possible as i must have watched them both with my kids a zillion times over the years. so i'll be rewatching them soon enough. suggest you do too.

and yes, it's very real. winter seems to be getting close to wrapping up the zappa doc so production is starting on this.

Excellent! I think my kids are old enough to show them the movies now, and I've been looking forward to it. Maybe I'll play Bill & Ted's Excellent Boardgame tonight in celebration! Yes that's a real game, and I have it, and it's actually fun. I took a chance on it on a clearance sale one time and I was pleasantly surprised!

TC wrote:haha, i had no idea that was a thing. have to look for it.
It's what they call a "programming" game like Robo Rally. Each person has a phone booth, and you have to program it to move around the board and pick up all the historical dudes. But there's two bad guys that can catch you and make you lose your dudes. Most games that are themed on a movie or TV show are pretty lame, but this one is above average and is actually fun to play, especially if you like Bill and Ted. Plus the artwork is great. Looks like Amazon has it for $21.75, which isn't bad. I got it on a whim on clearance for $15 and I'm happy with it at that price.

I just watched all three of the films in one setting. Meh. Not the worst things in the history of cinema, but I can't say I really liked them either. I don't see what the big deal is. Maybe it's a nostalgia thing I missed out on for those of you who like them. The middle film I probably liked the most. It at least had an interesting plot and some good moments. The first one I'm pretty sure killed the brain cells. The third one kind of dragged on and bored the hell out of me. Keanu Reeves' performance gave me the impression I wasn't the only one bored. It was especially noticeable after watching the first two right before it. Maybe if they do another one they can wake him up for it next time.

i'm anxious to see it but i'm not paying for it. looking at the trailer it appears keanu's entire head is botox'd beyond expressive capability, so i'm guessing your right. i mean, john wick playing dumbass ted? it's beyond a little weird.