Ukraine

This is going south, fast. Putin's moving in with full backing from upper house of Parliament. He's just been waiting for this and now he's seizing the chance to move into Crimea.

It will get even uglier by the day.

Re: Ukraine

Yep. Check out VICE News on Youtube. You can get reports from the ground in both the Ukraine and Venezuela as well as other pretty good news stories.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Crimea being recognised as independent is probably the best thing we could hope for out of this.

However, that would be very bad for Russia. The largest Russian population bloc in Ukraine would no longer actually be a part of Ukraine, and subsequently couldn't vote for Russian interests in Ukrainian elections.

On the flip-side, it could be very good for Ukraine and their links with the EU. It would probably also be quite good for the people of Crimea.

Ironically, the Crimean support of Russia will probably work hugely against them here.

McCovican wrote:Crimea being recognised as independent is probably the best thing we could hope for out of this.

However, that would be very bad for Russia. The largest Russian population bloc in Ukraine would no longer actually be a part of Ukraine, and subsequently couldn't vote for Russian interests in Ukrainian elections.

On the flip-side, it could be very good for Ukraine and their links with the EU. It would probably also be quite good for the people of Crimea.

Ironically, the Crimean support of Russia will probably work hugely against them here.
Kristoff essentially said the same thing in his NYT piece yesterday, hope that's how it shakes out.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

i'm not sure why they all want to have sexual relations with putin, but really this furthers the theory that everything in the world can be solved by boobs. i support this.