Re: Boardwalk Empire

TC wrote:well that was a massive snoozefest of a season opener. granted, probably doesn't help watching it immediately after breaking bad, but still... that was beyond weak.
Can't be any worse than the final run of Dexter episodes, also airing during the same timeslot.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

For some reason I can't seem to get into this show. I watched the first season with mild interested. I tried starting season two finally today since I was reminded of it here but it just wasn't grabbing me. But I'll keep going in the hopes season three picks up as said above.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

this season was weird. the first 4-5 episodes were verrrrry slow burn. but after that, before you realized it, it was ramping up. complete hockey stick of a season with a massive finish payoff. really, really good.

now it looks like next season will be the last. everyone is killing their shows at the 4-5 season mark the last few years. no one is swinging for the super long-run shows anymore. guess they found out that if you stop when you're at the top of your game, you'll have a longer shelf life in the home video market. kind of sucks, but also kind of good i guess. no one wants mayberry rfd.

O-dot wrote:Again, see Dexter. Sopranos too, for that matter.
I never did finish the Sopranos, watched most of the first half of Season 6 and was kind of bored, even though I liked the double life conceit. Second half is probably a little jucier as I understand a variety of regulars are killed off. I was never a huge fan anyway, which is what I got for starting with Season 4, probably their worst.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

klimov wrote:You guys seen the new Scorsese yet? Script by Winter, who finally makes good on the promise of his Sporanos episodes.
Yes, it's quite funny. Actually have a high school friend who scored a speaking role in it.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Well, I finally finished season two today, only a year and a few months after I started it. It did catch me eventually so I shall continue with season three. Please tell me at some point Margaret gets a bullet in her head.

RIP Nucky. what a great episode. love how, after surviving all the wars, prohibition, everything, it all comes back to personal relationship. tommy will obviously never know how nucky did everything he could for her. but obviously, she never forgave him for delivering her to the molesting commadore, the price he paid to become sheriff. yes, he asked her if she minded, but she didn't know what she was agreeing to. ultimately disturbing and satisfying episode. no ambiguity here, like on the sopranos - pretty clear what everyone's fate is. also, margaret is now very rich, since they were still married.

Not going to read that yet but I'm getting there. Just finished season three, which was just a rehash of season two (Lucky faces challenge for his power, loses everything but prevails in the end.

darkness wrote:Not going to read that yet but I'm getting there. Just finished season three, which was just a rehash of season two (Lucky faces challenge for his power, loses everything but prevails in the end.
Nucky, not Lucky. I was asleep when I posted this. No one is lucky in this show.