Re: Arrow [CW]

Yeah, I really liked the finale, Laurel's stupidity aside. Some files were worth staying in the city for? But they've left a good jumping off point for next season. I hope they don't squander it.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

The Flash [TV] [201x]

yeah, since it worked out so well last time...
/film wrote:‘Flash’ Series Speeding to CW From ‘Arrow’ Team

One of the stark differences between Marvel and DC is that the latter is just as interested in launching heroes on TV as it is on the big screen. Marvel has its forays into TV, sure, but in the wake of the success of Smallville, DC has experimented with bringing Wonder Woman and Aquaman to the small screen, had a minor run with Birds of Prey and successfully launched the Green Arrow series, Arrow, on the CW.

Now the Arrow team is putting together Flash, a new series based around (surprise!) DC speedster hero the Flash.

Deadline reports that the plan is likely to involve an introduction of the Flash on an episode of Arrow, after which he’ll run to his own series.

Arrow co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg will write Flash with Geoff Johns, and director David Nutter is expected to direct the pilot, as he did with Arrow. Berlanti and Kreisberg are expected to be announced as showrunners when the CW formally announces the show, likely later today at its TCA presentation. We’ll have more details after that presentation.

The show will not have any relation to the short 1990 TV series, and we don’t know which iteration of the character will be featured.

In addition, Deadline reports that while a new Wonder Woman pilot script has been written and delivered, there’s no movement on the show now.
still... i do like arrow...

Re: The Flash [TV] [201x]

Interesting since all the reporting out of ComicCon was that a Flash feature film would follow the Superman/Batman thing.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

One of the stark differences between Marvel and DC is that the latter is just as interested in launching heroes on TV as it is on the big screen...
That's because the former knows how to successfully translate their properties into films.

darkness wrote:
One of the stark differences between Marvel and DC is that the latter is just as interested in launching heroes on TV as it is on the big screen...
That's because the former knows how to successfully translate their properties into films.
*hands mike a cigar*

/film wrote:Grant Gustin of ‘Glee’ Is ‘The Flash’ for CW
Grant-Gustin-1.png
Arrow co-creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter are setting up The Flash as a possible new TV star for The CW, and they’ve found their Barry Allen. Grant Gustin of Glee will play the super-fast hero in three episodes of the next season of Arrow. He’ll have a two-part appearance in episodes eight and nine, and then the twentieth episode of the season will serve as a “back-door pilot” for the Flash show the network announced not long ago.

THR reports that Berlanti, Kreisberg and Geoff Johns of DC will write the three Flash episodes, and the possible show will serve as an origin story, similar to what was done with Arrow.

The two-part story early in the season will find Allen in Starling City, and the later episode will follow him to his own home.

The trade says,
Barry Allen is described a Central City assistant police forensic investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. A comic book fan boy, Barry is obsessed with the Arrow unaware that working with Oliver and Felicity to solve the crime has brought him right into the dangerous world of the vigilante.
Like Arrow, the idea is to create a grounded and realistic (well, more realistic than some) version of the character.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

just watched the premier. keeping it going, more of the same - which frankly is better than i expected it to do on S2. primary issue with this episode is - thea (or anyone else) didn't go in the basement for the last few months?? she also didn't question why diggle and felicity have been hanging around the club, bringing in various crates and/or equipment?

whatever. still fun.

Yeah, that nit aside, I'm liking where things are going. Summer Glau, Black Canary, psudo batcave, embracing the Green Arrow name and they've slutted up Felicity more this season. Fine wholesome entertainment.

This city has failed this city. boy does this show know how to walk the line of laughable cheesery and fun TV. people catching arrows all over the place, from like 5 feet. whatever, still fun.

That's what happens when you train on the magic deserted island that at the rate they're revealing things will probably soon be found to have a Holiday Inn and amusement park.

DH wrote:CW Changes Its Plans For "The Flash"

The CW has changed its plans for its proposed standalone TV series based on the DC comics hero The Flash.

Actor Grant Gustin was originally slated to play the role in three episodes of the currently airing second season of "Arrow" - episodes 8, 9 and 20. Gustin would only appear as Barry Allen in the first two episodes, and then become The Flash in that last one which would have served as a backdoor pilot for "The Flash" series.

While the already shot episodes 8 & 9 remain unchanged, plans for episode 20 have been scrapped. Instead, The CW have opted to do a traditional standalone "The Flash" pilot which is where Gustin's character will slip into the red costume for the first time.

The decision was reportedly made after those first two episodes were watched by network brass who were extremely happy with the results. As a result, the standalone pilot allows the creators to flesh out the character and his environment more - while still linking the series to the "Arrow" universe via the earlier episodes.

The same creative team remains involved in the spin-off including "Arrow" co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, series scribe Geoff Johns and director David Nutter.

Of course, this means the 20th episode of the second season of "Arrow" will now have to be redesigned and producers are expected to discuss their ideas for the episode with the network this coming week.