Re: Breaking Bad

O-dot wrote:It's actually a thinly veiled, propagandist slander of Julian Assange.
speaking of which, i saw a commercial of an actual assange film coming out and laughed my ass off at the idea of the meta-thread we could have on it.

TC wrote:
Alexhead wrote:A well received, expertly crafted and acted show that millions of people love and praise? Klimmy will hate it, of course.
no, the implication was, "i know you all think it's good, but really, to actual fellow lovers of the craft, is it good?"
I hate how the untrained riffraff think they should have an opinion.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Hah, saw that the other day...let's not forget, Walt basically said he'd turn Jesse in to the DEA if he didn't help, so from the get-go this dude's been getting fucked.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

TC wrote:i saw a commercial of an actual assange film coming out and laughed my ass off at the idea of the meta-thread we could have on it.
Yeah, TC you'd know this already if you hadn't skulked away from the group for reasons unknown, but Assange has himself criticised this latest propaganda effort.

What a fucking idiot. You tune in for one episode because everyone's talking about it and then decry its depiction of violence...when you've been accused of gratuitous bullshit violence in your increasingly shitty movies for years now...I would say I hope he watches the whole show sometime to see how very grounded and consequence laden the violence in the show is, but I could really give a crap about what Stone does or doesn't do.

The key detail in the article: "Although [Stone] admits that he doesn’t follow the show..."
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

“I saw the most ridiculous 15 minutes of a movie – it would be laughed off the screen..."

He would know about that.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

klimov wrote:Haven't seen it, but Stone's comments sound perfectly reasonable. Batman and Superman have infected your minds! :-)
Then you make the exact same mistake Stone did, kudos! I think everyone who wants to check out the brilliance of T. Clay should simply start by watching the last 10 minutes of TGERC and pass judgement on the entire film.

Have you guys read that stupid fucking play Hamlet? I didn't check out the first 2 1/2 acts but from what I saw it's just a bunch of ridiculous, over the top violence.

"Nobody could park his car right then and there and could have a machine gun that could go off perfectly and kill all of the bad guys! It would be a joke. It’s only in the movies that you find this kind of fantasy violence."
It's only in fiction that you find....well.......fiction. However a serial killer couple sent to the same maximum security prison that manages an escape through a well plotted riot all to the nice background of a rage against the machine song? That could totally happen! and with little violence really. :-\

The fact that this guy and Brittany Spears are in the same side here should let you know right off the bat to just take the other side. Whatever it may be.
There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

Dear Mister Cranston.

I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency.

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone - Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada - everyone - everyone gave master classes of performance ... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.