Re: Breaking Bad

Alexhead wrote:Fantastic episode. When BB is at its best I'm on the edge of my seat, horrified and craving whatever comes next. That pretty much describes every second of this season so far.
This. I fear for my health when we reach those last couple of episodes.

Yep, having watched it as noted 3 times now, I have to say that is some of the best pacing, direction, suspense and payoff we've ever had in the show in those last 15 minutes. Outstanding work.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

TC wrote:yeah same thing i linked above. i own individual seasons but will be buying that.
Oops...well, mine like had a picture and stuff. Wife just got a Los Pollos Hermanos fridge magnet for us, I have to say that apron would be awesome to have.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

The closing phone call in tonight's episode is brilliance defined, watch it 2-3 times and see what's going on. Dang. I am going to miss this show.

holy. fuck. i couldn't watch anything else after that. seriously, this show has completely redefined television. cranston's performances throughout this final season are through the roof. each episode i think wow, that was amazing. don't know how it can get better than that. then the next episode comes and blows the previous one out of the water. i feel the stakes growing. they aren't just telling you, they are showing you. i just can't believe what they are accomplishing. i wasn't sure about
having the walt & hank confrontation in the first episode back
at first, but it has proven to be such a smart decision. every one of these episodes is, on its own, better than any movie i've seen in a long time. put these together and they've essentially created a trilogy. vince gilligan will be writing his own checks for a long time due to this. i hope he makes great choices in a post-breaking bad world.

Don't know if you noticed but last night's episode was directed by Rian Johnson (Brick, Looper).

Alexhead wrote:I'd have to double check but I think he's directed BB before.
Yep.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Alexhead wrote:The closing phone call in tonight's episode is brilliance defined, watch it 2-3 times and see what's going on.
On Talking Bad they were speculating that
Walt, knowing the police in all likelihood WERE listening, was trying to throw off any suspicion on Skyler
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:
Alexhead wrote:The closing phone call in tonight's episode is brilliance defined, watch it 2-3 times and see what's going on.
On Talking Bad they were speculating that
Walt, knowing the police in all likelihood WERE listening, was trying to throw off any suspicion on Skyler
good point.