Terminator 5

so sayeth schwarzenegger:
STYD wrote:"I'm very happy that the studios want me to be in 'Terminator 5' and to star as the Terminator," he says, "...we start shooting in January and I'm also going to do 'King Conan'. To play that role and also to do another 'Twins' movie. I feel very proud of that. I feel very happy and I'm looking forward to doing those films."
alright...

Re: Terminator 5

TC wrote:i guarantee you the best thing about T4 and T5 put together is christian bale's rant to the lighting guy.
This.

Since they did cgi young Arnold in T4 I assume they'll do something similar here. This story is so played out they should let it rest. At least Sarah Connor Chronicles took things in a completely new direction. I'd rather see that cliffhanger get resolved.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

klimov wrote:Have faith in the Arnold!
Ought not you be repulsed by him, on account of his politics?
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Hm. Don't know enough at this point to see if this is good news or not. Thing I read said he wants Thor to be at 150 minutes and Marvel wants 120, hence some reports of on-set issues. I don't think I could take 150 minutes of Thor.
After creating worlds filled with dragons and demi-gods, “Game of Thrones” and “Thor: The Dark World” helmer Alan Taylor looks ready to enter the world of cyborgs.

Sources tell Variety that Taylor is in talks to direct the rebooted “Terminator” film for Skydance Productions, Paramount and Annapurna Pictures. All the studios and reps had no comment on the news.

Plot details have not been revealed other than this is the first film in a stand alone trilogy. It is still unknown at this time what part Arnold Schwarzenegger will have in the film, though he has said in past interviews he will be back for the film.

Skydance and Annapurna will co-finance along with the studio with David Ellison producing for Skydance and Megan Ellison producing for Annapurna. Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier penned the script.

Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake are on as exec producers. Par will handle distribution.

After acquiring distribution rights in June and setting a June 26, 2015 release date, Par, Skydance and Annapurna have been hard at work to find the person to guide this latest installment.

The studio had targeted Ang Lee early on, but a deal could never be reached. Other early targets included Rian Johnson and “Prisoners” director Denis Villeneuve. In the end, Taylor won the job in helping reboot the iconic sci-fi franchise.

While Taylor’s biggest credit to date is his work on the HBO series “Game of Thrones,” early word on how well the “Thor” shoot went most certainly helped in getting Taylor this gig. He is repped by UTA.
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/game- ... 200599988/
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

If you're going to do a reboot, why get Arnold? Wouldn't it make more sense to get a younger or at least different terminator to start a new. That way if the reboot is successful you can keep going with a new series of films without worrying about the Terminator looking like he's 100 years old.

walking the party line of citing nolan's batman as the inspiration, as every director is supposed to for every new project:
/film wrote:Director Alan Taylor Cites ‘Batman Begins’ as Inspiration for ‘Terminator’ Reboot

Alan Taylor, the director of Thor: The Dark World, won’t confirm or deny if he’s directing the 2015 Terminator film. “I’m under the personal policy to say it’s a rumor,” he told me at the junket for his new Marvel film. Taylor did, however, admit talks have been progressing and if he was to direct the film – hypothetically, of course – fans should regard it like Batman Begins in relation to the Joel Schumacher Batman movies. That is: a respectful remake taking a franchise in a new direction after multiple missteps. Read his quotes and more below.

While Taylor was very assertive in saying his attachment to a new Terminator film was still a rumor, he did talk about the information leaking online:
Funny thing was it came out really early, a reminder of what the blogosphere can do. I had one conversation, didn’t tell anyone and then all of a sudden, BOOM, it was online the next day. So my agent said, ‘You probably should know [this is gonna come up].’ It’s progressed a lot since then, but I’m still officially going to call it a rumor.
I then asked, hypothetically, how he would handle a franchise that had such a strong start (The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgement Day) but has since left such a bad taste in fan’s mouths (Terminator: Rise of the Machines, Terminator: Salvation). He said the following.
We all love the first two and I actually went back and watched them again and my respect level only went up. I think there is another famous franchise that had a wonderful beginning and then turned a little bananas….Tim Burton’s first Batman is just glorious and by the time it got around to nipples on costumes and all that stuff it sort of lost its way. And for [Christopher] Nolan to come in and say ‘I respect this material so much I’m going to take it up to *here,* that’s a great inspiration.’ I think any version, whoever is directing Terminator, would be very respectful and serve the first two and probably feel a bit more freedom by the end.
The Thor: The Dark World director ended by hypothesizing that official announcements, including actors, “will probably start leaking pretty soon.”

If Taylor directs – which sounds very likely – approaching the Terminator franchise with that fresh, dark, reboot mentality certainly sounds like the way to do it. What do you think? The new Terminator film is set for release June 26, 2015

paramount is banking hard on these...
/film wrote:Paramount Sets Dates for Two More ‘Terminator’ Sequels

We’ve seen almost nothing official from Terminator: Genisys at this point, but the new Terminator movie has two more siblings set to debut in 2017 and 2018. Paramount Pictures just set dates for two more Terminator sequels, inking a plan to put killer robots into theaters during three of the next four years.

Terminator: Genisys, which stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney, Dayo Okeniyi, Matt Smith, Byung-hun Lee and J. K. Simmons, is set to open on July 1, 2015. Alan Taylor is directing from a script by Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier.

Now Paramount has set additional Terminator films for May 19, 2017, and June 29, 2018. Deadline reports that Paramount is calling the films Terminator 2 and Terminator 3, but those probably won’t be the actual titles. (They’ve been used!) But the new films are expected to comprise a not-quite-standalone trilogy.

As for competition on those dates, nothing else is set on the 2017 spot, though it is two weeks after one of Marvel’s currently-untitled films, and a week before The Lego Movie 2. The third film also arrives within a week of a Marvel movie.

Taylor did a decent job of lining up the cameras to shoot a pretty miserable script for that Thor sequel, and did fine work on Game of Thrones, but I'll be honest, his attachment to any project going forward isn't going to set my heart aflutter. Especially a franchise that should just be scavaged for ideas and turned into something else at this point.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Especially a franchise that should just be scavaged for ideas and turned into something else at this point.
Isn't that what they're doing? I thought this was a reboot.

darkness wrote:
Alexhead wrote:Especially a franchise that should just be scavaged for ideas and turned into something else at this point.
Isn't that what they're doing? I thought this was a reboot.
At this point I'd rather people just do what they used to, which is rip things off but put new titles and character names and perhaps even actual slightly new stories in.

io9 wrote:"Sarah Connor isn't the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton's steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991's T2. Rather, the mother of humanity's messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she's been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger's Terminator—an older T-800 she calls "Pops"—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who's great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion."
HAHAHAHAHAHA... that's a joke, right? right?!?......

There have been several reports now of insiders who've seen the film and they all say it's awful. Franchise killer was I believe one phrase I heard in reference to this film.