URL Link errors

Links....

Ok, it's not just this site for me (but it does happen here), so it's obviously something with my laptop, or with IE 8 itself. Many pages that have URL links won't let me click the links. I get an error warning in the lower left corner. Details below. Any ideas?
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.3; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30618; Media Center PC 5.0; QS 4.2.2.3; SLCC1)
Timestamp: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:01:01 UTC

Message: Can't move focus to the control because it is invisible, not enabled, or of a type that does not accept the focus.
Line: 50
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: styles/g0resilver/template/editor.js
Are you propositioning me? I taste like candy and you want the recipe?

Re: URL Link errors

I just noticed it on this site yesterday. It's been happening on other places for a week or two at least. After I noticed it happening, I updated to a newer javascript (Version 6 Update 17) and still had the problems. No plugings intentionally running. Just for the hell of it, I used the Internet Explorer (no add-ons) on my laptop and still get the same problems with links.

Re: URL Link errors

<guess since this isn't really a site support issue, feel free to move the thread>

With a little more investigation, the javascript error I quoted has nothing to do with the links not opening. There's a fair amount of stuff out there about ie8 not opening links, and fixes for that by reregistering some dll files. I keep getting error messages on some of those regsvr32 actions. Since IE8 is part of Windows 7 I can't see a way to just uninstall/reinstall IE8. I'd have to do a repair install of Windows 7 which I'd rather not do.

Microsoft sucks.