Welcome to س

Hello folks,

The forum upgrade has been successful - welcome to our new phpBB3 based forum! This is absolutely packed with new features, feel free to try things out in the testing sub-forum. If you notice any issues/problems, or have any questions or comments, please post your concerns in this topic.

Thanks, and enjoy!
Last edited by Draesk on 04/03/08, 21:45:32, edited 4 times in total.

Re: Welcome to س

YES!! thanks so much to Von for all the hard work. Von and I spent many hours putting this together into something we were both happy with, and something we thought you all would like.

but don't let that stop you from posting feedback, positive or negative - the site would be nothing without all of you. :)

and yes, there are many new features i'm sure you'll have questions about, so don't hesitate to ask! we'll do all we can to help and explain. :)

i am so stoked!

I'm getting whiplash getting used to having the avatars on the right side of the screen...
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

darkness wrote:Is it just me or is the new board slow as ass? If PHPBB3 moves this slowly I'm glad I held off upgrading my board.
The site has coincidentally been slow all day, even hours before the upgrade - it's not phpBB3 at all.

Good to know. A couple of times tonight I couldn't even get the board to load. I'm still not overly impressed with phpBB3 so far, but then I'm old and resistant to change. :)
Just cut them up like regular chickens

O-dot wrote:I'm getting whiplash getting used to having the avatars on the right side of the screen...
As an actual "sufferer" of whiplash, I'd say it's good to move your neck around a bit before it gets stiff :D

Looking good, this new board btw!

I've already forgotten the old g0re.

Outstanding issues - form buttons could still do with having black text rather than grey.

[Edit: and I guess pppppphppppbppbb doesn't update the index for new posts in global announcements. Naughty ppppphpppbbb]

Pit wrote:Outstanding issues - form buttons could still do with having black text rather than grey.
anyone else on this?
Pit wrote:[Edit: and I guess pppppphppppbppbb doesn't update the index for new posts in global announcements. Naughty ppppphpppbbb]
did for me, hombre. :dunno:

Von wrote:
darkness wrote:Is it just me or is the new board slow as ass? If PHPBB3 moves this slowly I'm glad I held off upgrading my board.
The site has coincidentally been slow all day, even hours before the upgrade - it's not phpBB3 at all.
yeah, seems to have "woken up" today. if you're still experiencing slowness, please let me know.

Also--um, what exactly are all these cool new features? No great techie I, but on first blush I'm not seeing 'em.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Also--um, what exactly are all these cool new features? No great techie I, but on first blush I'm not seeing 'em.
and that's a good thing. we snuck them all in there under your nose. :) you'll see eventually, or when you look for them. :D

TC wrote:
Alexhead wrote:Also--um, what exactly are all these cool new features? No great techie I, but on first blush I'm not seeing 'em.
and that's a good thing. we snuck them all in there under your nose. :) you'll see eventually, or when you look for them. :D
Cool beans :ay:

Any new interface will take some getting used to, not in love with it yet but it'll be fine. I think I might just bookmark the "view active topics" search if possible...doesn't seem like the "Last Post" column is particularly accurate FYI...I was also expecting many more whacky avatars. :meow:
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Nah, I think it's cool, was looking at it when I wasn't logged in a couple of times. I'll look a little more closely next time.

Alexhead wrote:Nah, I think it's cool, was looking at it when I wasn't logged in a couple of times. I'll look a little more closely next time.
yes, please absolutely inform us of anything that seems "weird" or "not right". we are only two sets of eyes and could use help from all of you.