Chuck

just finishing the pilot. what i saw in the trailers for this did not in any way prepare me for how freakin' awesome this show is. the previews made it look like some cheesy melo-comedy with no real point. not at all what this is. i won't go into any spoilers because you all must watch this show.

complete freakin' hotness in the way of the amazing Yvonne Strzechowski and Sarah Lancaster among others, great action coming from NSA/CIA agencies and the one baldwin that is no relation to the republican brothers - i think he was on firefly and most certainly on the X-Files for a few.

great great show. watch this. so mode it be.

I have no idea what show you're talking about but the Baldwin you're referring to is 'Animal Mother' from FULL METAL JACKET. I shall check it out.... Even if the director is McG (just looked it up), heh.

the premier is next week and the ads are way off base but have been airing for months now over here. definitely worth checking out. i'm actually looking forward to the fall - so far, there are some great shows on: californication, chuck, damages, the sarah connor chronicles, the bionic woman, and the return of things like nip/tuck, dirt, and family guy.

Von wrote:Checking this out just for Adam Baldwin (not gay).
You and my wife both. If the 2nd unit caterer from Joss Whedon's first stage play gets a role in something she wants to see it. That's how I get to sit through crap like Death at a Funeral. Lucky me!
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Just watched it. Big fun shit. Good thing I have an "ignore premise logic" switch. *click*

Kudos to the blonde and my favorite baldwin.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

Haven't been able to keep up. Saw the third episode of Reaper the other night, I think that will get tired very quickly.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Saw the third episode of Reaper the other night, I think that will get tired very quickly.
I think it was tired by the second episode. Same plot every week, little imagination.
Chuck isn't too bad. Certainly more watchable than Reaper. i'll probably stick with it.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Missed the Chuck pilot (and can't seem to stream it off the NBC website). Saw part of the second ep and most of the 3rd. It's a cute show, with decent enough female eye candy. Baldwin's a riot.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

TC wrote:so three episodes in and this show is getting better. loving it. anyone else?
Ditto. I'm surprised and impressed by this one. If they can keep up this level of quality, i'll be even more surprised.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

Have tried to watch the last two weeks, but the tone just isn't working for me. Jokey action with bad non-spy subplots and melodrama...not so much. So far the fall t.v. slate has been a major disappointment, although Heroes was pretty good last night.

Alexhead wrote: So far the fall t.v. slate has been a major disappointment, although Heroes was pretty good last night.
On the contrary, Heroes has been downright awful this season. If I have to endure one more scene of Claire dumbfounded by her power (which she's now had forever yet somehow still seems to not understand) and swooning over the boy everyone but her seems to have figured out is a company plant, I'm going to throw my TV out the window. Don't even get me started on Hiro running around in the past doing...nothing. I hope Kristen Bell kills them all.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Alexhead wrote:Have tried to watch the last two weeks, but the tone just isn't working for me. Jokey action with bad non-spy subplots and melodrama...not so much.
I had Chuck on last night and my attention wavered about midway through. Certainly becoming formulaic awfully fast.

On the bright side, The Office has been working out the kinks since the weak season opener. Some amusing moments the past couple of weeks.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

I wanted to try out Chuck, but I got A SIGN saying I probably shouldn't.

Downloaded it and the HDD failed.

Yeah I just can't be fucked downloading it again.

ok, just watched episode 5, and that was a little fluffy. not representative of the other four episodes so far.

this is now the GODDAMMIT SHOW SOME LOVE FOR CHUCK thread.

this fucking show rules. best and most clever show i've seen in a long long time. great - GREAT - show.

It's a cute show. I definitely like some Yvonne Strahovski. :twisted: