O-dot wrote:David Chase says that's unlikely.
1. Chase doesn't own the rights, so if they wanted to they could make it without him.

2. He said it's not likely, but he won't rule it out if he gets a really good idea.

3. A few years if he hasn't done anything else successful $5 says he'll return to the well again. Chase also once said the fifth season would be the last. We see how that went.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

SPOILERs CONTINUED

I take it as the audience gets clipped, and didn't even see it coming. Just like Bobby said it happens. The Sopranos go on. The tension was so awesome at the end. The dialog ...."remember the good times" The Godfather reference, without exploiting it. The way the song fits, as to Tony's mindset and the shows ending. All brilliant to me, along with plenty other things within the episode. I think it was one of the coolest scenes in television history.

I wonder how many people dove to their remotes thinking the cable/satellite went out. I did.
There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

O-dot wrote:
darkness wrote:Actually, this is what happens:

4) Things are left open so they can cash in later and make the Sopranos films.
David Chase says that's unlikely.
You know how Lynch always says that the clues are all there for a correct interpretation? Well, in this finale, they are all there. The final blackout is Tony getting it in the back of the head (from his POV). A certain bit of dialogue between Tony and Bobby that gets repeated at the end of the previous episode is a major clue.

[Edit: I am totally wrong about Tony's POV...it's someone else's, the camera's...but why don't we see Meadow come in when the bell rings?....gaaaah...now I'm not sure...again...what I think).

That's not to say there could'nt be a Sopranos film...a prequel...nahh, no one would ever do that :lol:[/b]
Last edited by harmo on 13/06/07, 06:55:36, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.vectortrio.com

madbutcher wrote:SPOILERs CONTINUED I think it was one of the coolest scenes in television history.

I wonder how many people dove to their remotes thinking the cable/satellite went out. I did.
Ha ha, I totally agree. A MAJOR commentary on television and american culture there...in an episode obsessed with people watching things on screens, monitors, TVs.

I don't get the whole "Tony got clipped" scenario at all..... I think it comes from a wanted bloodbath from a majority of viewers. The audience got clipped not Tony.
Though there is great alternate endings.....

http://www.maximonline.com/ExclusiveSop ... o/973.aspx

I like the way Ron Moore (Battlestar Galactica creator) summed it up
Instead, Chase managed to do the unthinkable, the unbelievable and the unprecedented: he yanked us out of their lives without any resolution whatsoever. We were torn away from Tony, Carmella, AJ, Meadow, Paulie, Sil and the all the rest without any idea what happens to them tomorrow or even later that same evening. In real life, when you lose contact with someone, you seldom if ever have the satisfaction of knowing how the myriad threads of their lives resolved themselves. They are removed from your circle of knowledge and yet their lives go on unbeknownst to you in ways you can only imagine. The Sopranos are gone from our lives, but their lives go on without resolution, much like ours. None of us have tidy, revelatory endings that are the culmination of our "story arcs" and neither will they.

It's poetic. It's exciting. It's perfect.

And most of all, I wish I'd thought of it first

Also watching the episode for the 4th time now.... is the cat maybe supposed to be a reference to Adriana?

And as for a movie... as much as I loved this show I don't really want a continuation because of the way the last episode is. Though, a prequel that takes place when Tony's father Johnny and Uncle Junior were in charge would be interesting.
There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

I think it's possible to read it as Tony getting clipped, but by no means definitive (although I thought that at first). Certainly the viewer is getting symbolically whacked...

I for one never wanted to see the show end in a bloodbath, but it almost did--w/ Bobby especially.

But I know it's not Chase being simply cynical and paving the way for future Sopranos products. No way. It was a very carefully considered aesthetic choice to end it the way he did.

Here's a great article about the ending and it's relation to Hitchcock...(!)

http://www.moviecitynews.com/voices/200 ... ranos.html

Dunno, sounds like Chase has a single idea for the finale in mind:
Chase himself suggested as much in an interview Tuesday with The Star-Ledger newspaper of New Jersey when he said of his end to the HBO series, "Anyone who wants to watch it, it's all there."
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/1 ... index.html
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

If you're referencing a recent Sopranos, then no (sadly haven't been able to watch the last ones although I couldn't stop myself from reading about the finale). If you're talking about klimov's old girlfriend from the DLDB, fortunately I've never corresponded with her.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Here's a question:

I watched some Sopranos a few years back (when Chris was banging Alicia Witt, I believe). Is it worth downloading the last 3 eps or so, or do I need the whole last season to fully appreciate the show's final moments?
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

"Anyone who wants to watch it, it's all there."
so sayeth david lynch as well, no?

PZ, definitely the last three would give you a great flavor, but i love the whole last season. i love them all, for that matter.

harmo wrote:
darkness wrote:I feel your pain and then some. Welcome to my world.
why this recent spate?? or do you guys get it all the time?

BTW...does "it" know about this place...?
I got them both, even though it has been a couple of months since the last random rant from you-know-who. I just keep adding them to my spam-list and hardly ever read them anymore. Much like the rest of the spam I get.

harmo wrote:why this recent spate?? or do you guys get it all the time?
Yes, they have an account here and I'm sure are reading all this. Don't know why the sudden rash of posts. My birthday I suspect was the reason. But it tends to come in waves anyway. I don't even read them anymore, I can tell from the first line that it's the same stuff over and over again.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:
harmo wrote:why this recent spate?? or do you guys get it all the time?
Yes, they have an account here and I'm sure are reading all this. Don't know why the sudden rash of posts. My birthday I suspect was the reason. But it tends to come in waves anyway. I don't even read them anymore, I can tell from the first line that it's the same stuff over and over again.
I'm not into the details, but I know of a spillover from DLDB. I suggest you keep this to a PM, or if you absolutely must, it's own topic in Interface. If this person starts kicking up a fuss here, I will ban them though. I quite like this place the way it is, with the complete lack of any drama whatsoever, kthx.

Just so ya know. 8)