The Sopranos, season 6.1

so anyone watching these last nine episodes of The Sopranos? so far, after two, it's moving pretty slowly. there were some funny parts here and there, but overall i'm not seeing any exciting way that they are wrapping this up in seven episodes. it's looking like it may shape up to be a "the feds best everyone, the end" type of thing. ugh.

I'm still working (slowly) on the last 'season,' or first part of this season, or whatever they're calling it. I very much liked the first 3-4 episodes but haven't rented the rest yet so I've been avoiding the new ones until they come out on DVD, I'll be late to the party but generally have been with the 'Pranos since I only started watching them in Season 4 (which was pretty dull). Liked Season 5 and the earlier episodes I've caught here and there.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: The Sopranos, season 6.1

TC wrote:so far, after two, it's moving pretty slowly.
That could be said of the show in general. I gave up on it about four years ago because the foot dragging made the show excessively pointless.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Did you watch Season 5? Moved along pretty well for the most part, although I get the impression from the earlier episodes I've seen that it's morphed into a much different show than what viewers originally got.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

I love the Sopranos although I think the best is behind us...season 5 was almost a return to form and 6 has been good. I thought the first of these new ones was awesome--bitter, mean, ugly, and violent--though the second was a little lame.

Entourage is my new addiction..."Come on, bitch...let's hug it out!"
http://www.vectortrio.com

harmo wrote:
Entourage is my new addiction..."Come on, bitch...let's hug it out!"

Yea I love the Sopranos, but have to admit, Since Entourage came out.... it has stomped the Sopranos. Ari (sp?) RULES
There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

just watched sunday's episode, and HO-LY FUCK!!!!! i can't believe it. i did NOT see that coming. i was sitting there with my mouth agape watching that.

TC wrote:just watched sunday's episode, and HO-LY FUCK!!!!! i can't believe it. i did NOT see that coming. i was sitting there with my mouth agape watching that.
totally...that episode was INSANE. WTF is up with Tony??

"I get it!"

SPOILERS INSIDE

TC wrote:no shit. i couldn't figure out who that chick was though.
you mean at the end? she was a "friend" of Christopher's...

SPOILERS

What does he "get" at the end? I think he was realizing that killing C. changed his luck, and that he is, inside, an evil person who has to embrace that to get ahead. A screenwriter friend thinks it's all about AJ...that he's realizing that AJ must become the next boss, and he has symbolically killed the bad son (C.) to make way for the good one...

what does he get, that's a good question. but yeah, i like that his bad luck was gone. nicely done.

he may "get" that no matter what he does, the sun still rises the next day. no need to get all upset about it all. just a shot in the dark. don't know about the AJ idea, though. as sensitive as he is to racism, among other things, and as emotionally retarded as he is, i don't know....

I'll admit I shed a tear when that happened.....but I guess now the series is definitely coming to a closing. Please, someone kill Phil Leotardo.

...how fuckin funny was Paulie? "He was here tree fuckin minutes, I timed him"

MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD

so, last night i watched sunday's episode. HOLY SHIT, they really are going to kill everyone, aren't they? i've thought for awhile now that everyone's downfall would be the dumping of asbestos, but goddamn - bobby? sil?? holy shit. i'm with you, i'd much rather have seen them take out phil and end it on that "happy" note, but it looks like everyone is going to be killed. really bums me out too, i mean so what if tony dies? the show can totally go on. i could watch it forever.

and him getting "let go" by his therapist was classic, too.

I've watched that episode about 3 and half times now. Awesome. The Bobby hit was one of the best filmed shootings i've ever seen. And the closing scene with Tony alone in his room with only his gun and the door shot. All the last visits to the main places. How ironic that he could use Christopher so much right now. Sil... :wah:

The previews make the final episode look amazing. like 5 very short cuts. All very dark, except for one with AJ that has his face get very bright as to hint a huge explosion or fire.

I'm really of the opinion that at least 3 things happen in the final second:

SPOILERS

.1) the show is whacked (the word "stop" is the final word on the soundtrack)

2) our television is whacked (these last 2 eps are filled with negative images of tv)

and 3) yes, Tony is whacked (from his POV).

Damn....

In many ways it brought to mind the final episode of Twin Peaks, and I think Chase intended this.

Actually, this is what happens:

4) Things are left open so they can cash in later and make the Sopranos films.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:Actually, this is what happens:

4) Things are left open so they can cash in later and make the Sopranos films.
David Chase says that's unlikely.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.