The.Great.Ecstasy.of.Robert.Carmichael.2005.DVDRip.Xvid-NANT
Haha, I watched that exact file with a couple of friends last night, suffice to say, my intention was always to own the DVD in February.

Ichikawa's FIRES ON THE PLAIN is coming to Criterion, btw.

What music does the pirate have in the second half of the blue room scene? Children of the Night?

Good news that NOBI is finally on the way. I asked 'Mulvaney' for this one four years ago...

What music does the pirate have in the second half of the blue room scene? Children of the Night?
From what I remember, there's a piano intro before some chick sings "let me take you to the promised land..." (presuming we're talking about the first rape scene)

_Marcus_ wrote:Btw, were you aware of the fact that there's a DVDrip of your film out there, making the usual filesharing-rounds?

I protest! They should have to give hand jobs to get their copies just like the rest of us did.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

TC wrote:this region shit really sucks. :cry:
They should release it on hd-dvd where there's no such thing as region coding.

lilysum wrote:Lynch is GREAT and he always has reasons and motivations for his films, idiot.
Well... you know what? Fuck off.

darkness wrote:They should release it on hd-dvd where there's no such thing as region coding.
There will be, though... until I can get my hands on a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD region-free player, I'll not be investing past maybe dropping $200 on the Xbox player.
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

Kanuck wrote:
darkness wrote:They should release it on hd-dvd where there's no such thing as region coding.
There will be, though... until I can get my hands on a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD region-free player, I'll not be investing past maybe dropping $200 on the Xbox player.
Just let me say that the XBox is unbelivably noisy. Friend of mine puts a pillow in front of the player to kind of block the noise... I imagine it is horrid to watch a movie and hear the fan all the time.

It's not the fan, it's the cheap DVD drive they used. Whirrs constantly. I don't find it all that noticeable, but it's definitely an issue.

The HD-DVD drive is a lot quieter, however. I just wish they'd allowed it to play the games, too; that honestly would have been an additional selling point with the racket the built-in drive makes.

But seriously, how hard would it have been for them to make the internal drive replaceable? They did it with the hard drive. Seems like a fairly huge oversight on their part.

Kanuck wrote:There will be, though... until I can get my hands on a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD region-free player, I'll not be investing past maybe dropping $200 on the Xbox player.
There is no region encoding in HD-DVD, thus my statement. And right now there are no plans to add it. Several of the major backers of hd-dvd are dead set against it.

So the DVD Forum reversed the plans to add it? I hadn't read that anywhere. It'd be awesome...

Kanuck wrote:So the DVD Forum reversed the plans to add it? I hadn't read that anywhere. It'd be awesome...
There has never been any plan to add region encoding to HD-DVD. They have a committee to explore it, but they have a billion different committee's exploring lots of things. Nothing will ever come of it.